Map display in the center gauge cluster

jmqb1

📛 Founding Member
Jul 4, 2024
Media
Florida, USA
Vehicles
2024 Landcruiser, 1999 Landcruiser
I noticed the gauge display does not show the navigation map if you connect with Android auto. It just shows a blank screen. I had to set it up not to auto connect with Android auto to get the cars navigation map to display in the center gauge position. Just a heads up if anyone else runs into this.

The map in the center is kind of pointless. It is tiny and doesn't give you much. A street name at a minimum would be nice.

The map in the center is kind of pointless. It is tiny and doesn't give you much. A street name at a minimum would be nice.
I've actually found that all of the center gauge functions are a little pointless. While the map is super dark and small I liked it visually better than the cruise control options.

Wow.... was just about to ask this question. Looks pretty cool in the middle UNTIL it goes away! Didn't know why. THX! Thats kinda messed up. Id rather have maps there than the tire pressure or whatever. Looked pretty neat.

I noticed the gauge display does not show the navigation map if you connect with Android auto. It just shows a blank screen. I had to set it up not to auto connect with Android auto to get the cars navigation map to display in the center gauge position. Just a heads up if anyone else runs into this.
I'm having this exact issue. Glad you found a workaround. How did you go about disabling Android auto from automatically connecting?

I'm having this exact issue. Glad you found a workaround. How did you go about disabling Android auto from automatically connecting?
I played with this a little more today. Found that, for those of you using Android Auto, if you switch to the Toyota navigation screen in the main display prior to shutting off the car, the next time you power on, the map will show up in the gauge display.
I agree it's a very simplistic display and not very useful, but at least I figured out how to make it show up!

I have apple and I’m having issue also

I played with this a little more today. Found that, for those of you using Android Auto, if you switch to the Toyota navigation screen in the main display prior to shutting off the car, the next time you power on, the map will show up in the gauge display.
I agree it's a very simplistic display and not very useful, but at least I figured out how to make it show up!

Seems like a bug, hope they fix it as this was confusing to me too. It may be largely useless, but not more so than a big blank spot in your display!

I'm having problems with the map not showing in the gauge display using apple carplay and google maps.
what is connected to what but I'll try disconnect the carplay and go for a quick ride see if shows anything

I'm having problems with the map not showing in the gauge display using apple carplay and google maps.
what is connected to what but I'll try disconnect the carplay and go for a quick ride see if shows anything
Can't seem to get mine to display in the MID anymore. I see the directions indicator at the bottom, but no map whatsoever

Thank you!!!

I believe its a setting from within the main central screen. Now, my phone connects with Bluetooth automatically but not Android auto. Map still works intermittently.

A solution I found is that worked for me 100% of the time is not to put the car in gear until the center screen fully boots. The map on the dash appears after the main screen boots (I assume it mirrors it), so if you put the car to gear before the center screen boots, it gets stuck with the pre-boot blank screen.

A solution I found is that worked for me 100% of the time is not to put the car in gear until the center screen fully boots. The map on the dash appears after the main screen boots (I assume it mirrors it), so if you put the car to gear before the center screen boots, it gets stuck with the pre-boot blank screen.
Great tip im going to try this going forward.

Ok I can confirm this did not work this morning for me. Center map still blank. Seems like it's buggy and works intermittently. Definitely a gremlin.

Ok I can confirm this did not work this morning for me. Center map still blank. Seems like it's buggy and works intermittently. Definitely a gremlin.
Bummer. Letting the map fully load up on the main screen prevents this issue. Yeah this most likely is a software bug that will be patched.

Back