Lift & leveling kit options

Newbie question alert: what kind of shop do you all use for an install like this?

Would you use a 4x4 parts/mod shop or would any old suspension shop be trustworthy?

In Dallas we have 4Wheel Parts, a huge parts retailer and installer. Would that be the way to go for this level kit?

Newbie question alert: what kind of shop do you all use for an install like this?

Would you use a 4x4 parts/mod shop or would any old suspension shop be trustworthy?

In Dallas we have 4Wheel Parts, a huge parts retailer and installer. Would that be the way to go for this level kit?
I'm doing mine through 4WP. They are listed as a dealer on Westcott's site, have decent reviews, and this seems to be the kind of thing they do everyday.

Was quoted 1hr per corner + 1hr for alignment which seemed pretty fair.

Puck lifts are a driveway install, if you are comfortable with that.
Westcott's is a pre-load collar lift, which requires disassembly of front struts/springs. Not something you can really do without special tools. Plus, an alignment is 100% needed post-lift.

If you look up the spring/coil install without a compressor on youtube, its actually very easy to do on your driveway with fairly basic tools. I did the Westcott collar on my 4Runner like this without issue.

Something like this.

100% need an alignment though!

Westcott's is a pre-load collar lift, which requires disassembly of front struts/springs. Not something you can really do without special tools. Plus, an alignment is 100% needed post-lift.
Yep, while their pucks mount between the spring and the hat, my Billsteins also require spring compression and I do them in my driveway.

And yes you should do an alignment.

Westcott told me they shipped out 1,200(!) kits this week. Guessing most of these are going to dealers and I haven't received a tracking number yet.

Also waiting for my Westcott . Has any one found a contact for( Toy factory bed kit) they look like a very practical for sleeping in the back for one person if you do not want a tent on your roof . Some trails would damage a roof tent.

Emailed Westcott and inquired on buying the front separate, so I could then add the OME 722 rear coils like they had in those demo LCs.
Not available yet, but are in the plans.. focusing on fulfilling current orders at the moment. Too bad, as I would have ordered on the spot to have them in before the LC arrives.

Turns out i'm getting my rig this week before my lift kit arrives. Have you gotten yours?
My truck showed up at the dealer today, and Westcott is still saying 2-3 weeks on the lift kit (which is what they told me 2-3 weeks ago).

Last week they told me 1200 orders had already shipped, but mine was not part of this. I ordered the same day the page went up on their site and I find it hard to believe 1200 other orders went in before me. I am really not sure what they are doing over there.

My truck showed up at the dealer today, and Westcott is still saying 2-3 weeks on the lift kit (which is what they told me 2-3 weeks ago).

Last week they told me 1200 orders had already shipped, but mine was not part of this. I ordered the same day the page went up on their site and I find it hard to believe 1200 other orders went in before me. I am really not sure what they are doing over there.
I know they've had issues in the past with getting orders out on time. They made a video about it a few years ago. I placed my order like 3 weeks ago so probably way behind you at this point.

Ironically, my local Toyota dealer has a shipment of Westcott lifts coming in this week that haven't yet been spoken for. They've reserved one for me and I'm dropping the truck off for the install next week (they're mounting wheels/tires for me as well). $1500 installed w/ alignment (not including wheels and tires of course).

If you don't want to wait for them to get around to your pre-order you might try searching for a local dealer and calling to see if they have anything available.

Thanks for the pricing barometer, I got quoted $900 just to install my Westcott supplied lift and thought I was getting ripped off.
I asked the dealer i'm getting my rig from if they could order me tires and install and they acted like I had just made the most absurd request they've ever heard.

Yeah, no pushback at all from this dealer. They're installing the 17" Method wheels I already have and ordering me 35" KO2s.

Back