Land Cruisers are easily stolen.

I got her back!

Nothing major outside of the window on the driver’s side and none of the electronics are working correctly. They disabled GPS, remote connect, WiFi, mics, etc. it doesn’t look like anything in the car was clipped. So, I’m not sure how they did it.

The cool box tray was still there!

PNG image.png

They disabled anything that could remotely access her. To me, this wasn't a simple job. Considering you got her mostly intact, I wonder how she was found.

They disabled anything that could remotely access her. To me, this wasn't a simple job. Considering you got her mostly intact, I wonder how she was found.
The car may have been in transition.

As a master thief, I'm training young guys to hack the cars and drop them at a predetermined locations. No way I'm connecting my fancy chop shop/ vehicle transport operation directly to the theft and the knucklehead doing the theft.

Gig workers everywhere.

Can someone post pictures of their relay boxes on driver and passenger side. According to the diagram it seems I am missing a few.

Toronto PD scans plates as they drive by them and mine came up as stolen so they towed it away.

I’m feeling very fortunate that it was found.
That's great to hear. To think they went through all that work to disable every possible way to track the car but left the stolen plate on 🤷‍♂️

None of these AirTag suggestions will help. Vehicle theft in Toronto/Ontario is due to organized crime (I lived there for ten years). They target vehicles that can be stripped for parts and most end up overseas. Motorcycle theft was extremely bad there too.

Faraday pouches, ODB2 port locks, encrypted CAN-BUSes, steering wheel locks, etc help eliminate the dumbest criminals.

Canada's theft rate is high but still better than the US'

Motor vehicle theft - Wikipedia (and more data from How Canada became a car theft capital of the world)
View attachment 14561
Not trying to make Canadian feels bad, but I keep reading that in 2023 at least the Ontario car theft rate goes up 40-50%. I’ve noticed many people reporting their heartbroken incident actually happens at Missisauga area. I supposed it is right outside Toronto airport so people come and go and they rarely pay attention to their surrounding.

I feel the bad thing for Ontario is that it is really close to the harbor, and government working are general way too bureaucratic. So it is too easy to get out of country. This would probably be comparable to some of the U.S. southern border.

I supposed there is no effective measure that can protection our car against organized criminals. They have means to workaround any protection we put in the car

I just texted the officer that was investigating asking if he saw the video and how they took it. From what I gather the alarm was ignored because the hotel employees were in on it.
This is terrible.. I’m so glad you got it back.
I took mine to get quote for Ceramic coating - when it came to the part where I would need to leave it overnight for it to cure the anxiety was so incredibly high that someone would steal it. Be it an employee or just an average Joe off the street. I was unable to leave it. I said no thank you I think I’m just gonna pass on this.

So now I’m doing all the research and collecting all of the products I’m going to just do it myself. I couldnt imagine leaving it somewhere overnight. Now this story is on my nightmares .. I am so glad for all of the advice that people are giving on here because now I will be looking into all antitheft and tracking and fob protection, etc., etc. etc..

When we insured ours recently, it was relatively expensive versus our other vehicles and the insurer gave the excuse that it was because it was higher theft risk. I assumed that was just a Toronto excuse. Sorry for your loss. Hope it was well insured
My premium when down about $80 per month.

Back