Land Cruiser (Middle Trim Non-Premium)

Haven't touched the LC leather, but I wouldn't choose based on that - I'd think in the long haul, the synthetic will hold up very well, maybe even better than the real leather, based on what I've seen of older Toyota leather (and not a knock on Toyota leather, because most manufacturer's leather doesn't hold up all that well over many, many years without diligent cleaning and conditioning). Choose the Premium for the other options that you want, not the seat finish.

Last edited:
Haven't touched the LC leather, but I wouldn't choose based on that - I'd think in the long haul, th synthetic will hold up very well, maybe even better than the real leather, based on what I've seen of older Toyota leather (and not a knock on Toyota leather, because most manufacturer's leather doesn't hold up all that well over many, many years without diligent cleaning and conditioning). Choose the Premium for the other options that you want, not the seat finish.
At first, I thought the 360 degree camera only comes with the premium package on LC trim and FE, but you have confirmed it comes standard on LC trim.
Premium package includes:
  • 14 speaker JBL® Premium Audio
  • Illuminated entry
  • Digital Key capability
  • Power Moonroof
  • Center Console Cool Box
  • Digital Rearview Mirror
  • Qi-compatible wireless charging
  • Leather seating
  • Position Memory for Driver's Seat
  • Head-Up Display
  • Lane Change Assist
  • Front Cross-Traffic Alert
  • Traffic Jam Assist
None of these really makes any difference for me for $4,600.

At first, I thought the 360 degree camera only comes with the premium package on LC trim and FE, but you have confirmed it comes standard on LC trim.
  • Illuminated entry
  • Digital Key capability
  • Power Moonroof
  • Leather seating
  • Head-Up Display
  • Lane Change Assist
  • Traffic Jam Assist
Does anyone know what lane change assist is? Is that similar to what BMW/tesla have where when cruise control is on you can click the blinker and the car will change lanes for you?

• Illuminated entry
  • Digital Key capability
  • Power Moonroof
  • Leather seating
  • Head-Up Display
  • Lane Change Assist
  • Traffic Jam Assist
JBL Audio, Moonroof, Digital Mirror, Wireless charger, Memory Seats, HUD, and Traffic Jam are all essentials in my book. These are well worth the extra price for a truck that I want to not feel outdated in 5-10 years... I don't wanna be tempted to spend another 60-70 grand for features I could've gotten for another 5 grand. That's how I look at it at least.

Also when there's a 10 inch height difference between your girl and yourself, those memory seats come in real handy haha.

Does anyone know what lane change assist is? Is that similar to what BMW/tesla have where when cruise control is on you can click the blinker and the car will change lanes for you?
I have it on my BMW M340i, and to be honest, i don't like to use it with my cruise control. BMW has very good cruise control, if not the best amount ICE cars, but i still don't feel comfortable asking the car to change lane for me.

JBL Audio, Moonroof, Digital Mirror, Wireless charger, Memory Seats, HUD, and Traffic Jam are all essentials in my book. These are well worth the extra price for a truck that I want to not feel outdated in 5-10 years... I don't wanna be tempted to spend another 60-70 grand for features I could've gotten for another 5 grand. That's how I look at it at least.

Also when there's a 10 inch height difference between your girl and yourself, those memory seats come in real handy haha.
You made a very good point. I might consider getting the premium package if it is offered to me. hahaha.

No moon roof or cool box for me, so I will pass on the premium package.

Thank you sir!!!
That camera quality looks really good as well.
I’m debating between the premium and non premium, is there much difference between the leather and non leather?
I had Softx or whatever Toyota calls it in my Highlander. The leather in my FE feels a little nicer and smells nice. It wouldn't be a deciding factor to spring for the premium. You still get heated/vented seats that feel very close to leather.

When you're in cruise control, you just turn your turn signal on and it will change lanes for you. It's freaky and I cancel it every time. I change lanes a little smoother than it does. I will say the traffic-jam assist is amazing. I used it the other day and it makes being in traffic so much nicer. Even when traffic is stopped, it will start moving when traffic goes and slows you when it slows. I didn't think I would even use it but after using it I love it.

I had Softx or whatever Toyota calls it in my Highlander. The leather in my FE feels a little nicer and smells nice. It wouldn't be a deciding factor to spring for the premium. You still get heated/vented seats that feel very close to leather.
Agree on the ventilated seats, it’s a must have for the South.
Based on my observation, a lot of the non premium models are selling about $66-67k where the premium models are selling around $70-71k. It’s a sad thing dealers doing by adding a ton of port installs, if I’m already paying that much, might as well get the premium package.

When you're in cruise control, you just turn your turn signal on and it will change lanes for you. It's freaky and I cancel it every time. I change lanes a little smoother than it does. I will say the traffic-jam assist is amazing. I used it the other day and it makes being in traffic so much nicer. Even when traffic is stopped, it will start moving when traffic goes and slows you when it slows. I didn't think I would even use it but after using it I love it.
I thought it comes standard with adaptive cruise control on all Land Cruiser Trim and up?

It’s a sad thing dealers doing by adding a ton of port installs,

It's not the dealers necessarily, it's the ports adding all the extras because they want the extra money. Most of the time, the dealer has NO control over what is or isn't added at port. Many times, our Inventory Manager was told "sorry, these items are being put on every vehicle", especially during covid. Now, we are again able to cancel some of the port adds, but we have to contact them on EVERY individual vehicle, AND catch it in time, after it has arrived and before it's been scheduled or done, and that window is extremely small.

It's not the dealers necessarily, it's the ports adding all the extras because they want the extra money. Most of the time, the dealer has NO control over what is or isn't added at port. Many times, our Inventory Manager was told "sorry, these items are being put on every vehicle", especially during covid. Now, we are again able to cancel some of the port adds, but we have to contact them on EVERY individual vehicle, AND catch it in time, after it has arrived and before it's been scheduled or done, and that window is extremely small.
That help! So it is still possible for dealers to remove some of the port installed items, if they are willing to spend the time and effort?

That help! So it is still possible for dealers to remove some of the port installed items, if they are willing to spend the time and effort?
It takes the sales manager five minutes to log into the computer and drop some of these PIO’s off. I’ve had it done on three vehicles now going back four years. You just need a dealer that will work with you.

It takes the sales manager five minutes to log into the computer and drop some of these PIO’s off. I’ve had it done on three vehicles now going back four years. You just need a dealer that will work with you.
Thanks! I appreciate your insights.

Is there any guesstimate as to when it will be possible to order an LC medium trim (non-Premium) without all the stupid port/dealer add-ons? (20" wheels, etc) All the dealers in California seem to be exclusively focusing on ordering the variants with the most add-ons possible -- literally the only thing in the Premium package that I kinda want is wireless charging (but a sunroof is something I actively do not want), and the idea of spending money for 20" wheels with worse rubber is nuts. (Basically debating as to whether I should try to get on a waitlist now or wait until supplies and high enough that I won't have to fight as hard to find a dealing willing to take my lower-profit order...)

Is there any guesstimate as to when it will be possible to order an LC medium trim (non-Premium) without all the stupid port/dealer add-ons? (20" wheels, etc) All the dealers in California seem to be exclusively focusing on ordering the variants with the most add-ons possible -- literally the only thing in the Premium package that I kinda want is wireless charging (but a sunroof is something I actively do not want), and the idea of spending money for 20" wheels with worse rubber is nuts. (Basically debating as to whether I should try to get on a waitlist now or wait until supplies and high enough that I won't have to fight as hard to find a dealing willing to take my lower-profit order...)
It’s not California only, it’s nationwide.
I’ve seen non premium LC trims getting 5k worth of add ons, which is close to the premium trim price.

Canadian spec says wireless charging is in the LC trim without premium package. is it different for US models?

While my FE had a hefty price tag, there were only a few dealer add-ons..... all I could have done with-out.

Phone cables - $70, why?
Emergency Assist Kit - $75, good concept but probably cheap junk.
Coin Holder cup - $29, really?
Door edge guard - $155, Can't understand why so high.

Back