KO3's!!!

IIRC, under inflated tires, will cause excessive wear on the side walls, and heat up the tires when running at interstate speeds. Maybe an infrared thermometer would help you detect excessive heat build up in the side walls. If you find tiny little rubber balls inside the tire when they are changed down the road, they were probably run in an overheated state at some time.

BFG does not have the 2024 Land Cruiser in their data base and could not provide guidance on tire pressure.
Keep an eye on tire temps as I mentioned above. Under inflated E series will over heat the sidewalls, and can cause catastrophic tire sidewall failure.

MPG hit with (275s) KO3 might be exaggerated. Iโ€™m getting 21-23 when Iโ€™m gentle and in eco. 19 when I drive it like itโ€™s for fun.

I will probably still be returning the KO3 to DC though as the ride is way less nice than my KO2s on my Taco were. I still think itโ€™s possible I have a defective batch but Iโ€™m tired of driving to town for balancing and shit. Probably going back to an SL AT.

OK so LCColorado got me thinking. I looked up the load index on the KO3's for my tire and it's 3197 the load index on the stock LTX trails are 2756. So then it becomes a simple math problem. 3197 divided by 2756 times the recommended 33 psi which gives you 38.28 PSI for the K03's in the stock size.

However for many sizes of the KO3's the load index is 3525 so for those tires the math comes out to 42.2 PSI.

I'm still going to reach out to BFG.
I'm curious to know where you came up with the idea to take the ratio of the load index to determine the proper pressure to run the tire. Can you point me to the source? I also look forward to hearing what BFG says about the inflation pressure vs. Toyota's recommended inflation pressure. The stock tires on my LC were over-inflated to 38 psi when I took delivery. Reducing the pressure to the recommended 33 psi on them (I have the 265/60R20) improved the ride of the car substantially. The load index on the stock 20" tires is 2469 (x 4 = 9876 lbs).

I'm curious to know where you came up with the idea to take the ratio of the load index to determine the proper pressure to run the tire. Can you point me to the source? I also look forward to hearing what BFG says about the inflation pressure vs. Toyota's recommended inflation pressure. The stock tires on my LC were over-inflated to 38 psi when I took delivery. Reducing the pressure to the recommended 33 psi on them (I have the 265/60R20) improved the ride of the car substantially. The load index on the stock 20" tires is 2469 (x 4 = 9876 lbs).

Yea, me tooโ€ฆ ๐Ÿค” That concept is new to me.
So there's a lot written about this in the internet. I didn't keep track of all that I've read

This is one source though Tire Pressure Calculator

Keep an eye on tire temps as I mentioned above. Under inflated E series will over heat the sidewalls, and can cause catastrophic tire sidewall failure.

You're making me nervous for sure. I may bump it up a little till I have better answers.

Anybody tried this size on the stock 1958 wheel?
Yes. Seeing about 2 mpg lower than the stock tire. Interesting thread about tire pressure (and Prisu Rack). Mine are at 37psi and Iโ€™m still getting used to them. Just waiting for it to snow.
IMG_3943.jpeg

IMG_3941.jpeg

Back