Keep stereo on after turning engine off?

egibson606

πŸ“› Founding Member
Aug 31, 2024
Media
Kentucky
Vehicles
2024 Toyota Land Cruiser
This may be a dumb question, but this is my first push start button vehicle. Is there a way to keep the stereo on after turning off the engine without having to turn off and push the power button again? I've looked through the owners manual but can't find anything.

It stays on until you open the door. I think its a cool feature that I am sure you can change somewhere on the settings..

Stock, mine turns off when I turn the engine off. I havent looked for an answer. I wonder if it is a trim thing. I have LC non premium. Need to go through the settings.

My 5th gen 4Runner with push-button start would keep the radio on if you put the transmission in reverse and turned the engine off. Then shift to park and it would stay on for 10-15 minutes until the auto shutoff timer expired.

I have not tried this in the LC yet, but that was a nice workaround when I wanted to keep the radio on and the engine off.

Stock, mine turns off when I turn the engine off. I havent looked for an answer. I wonder if it is a trim thing. I have LC non premium. Need to go through the settings.
Mine is a LC premium and it does the same. I looked thru the settings today but couldn't find anything.

My 5th gen 4Runner with push-button start would keep the radio on if you put the transmission in reverse and turned the engine off. Then shift to park and it would stay on for 10-15 minutes until the auto shutoff timer expired.

I have not tried this in the LC yet, but that was a nice workaround when I wanted to keep the radio on and the engine off.
I've mistakenly kept my shifter in neutral when I switched it off. Confirming the radio stays on, ignition ON (but not READY) so it works. What I can't remember is if the warning chimes keep going off.

Back