JFC- total analysis paralysis on dual zone refrigerator selection. There is a lot out there.

l00semarble

📛 Founding Member
Sep 12, 2024
Media
Annapolis and Costa Rica
Vehicles
80 diesel, 150 diesel, 250 US spec, Tundra, etc
Getting old (53) so wifey and I want comfort but want to explore. Decided want dual zone because why not have ice cream when out on the trail? It will just be the two of us and just trips here and there (not signing up for #vanlife living down by the river.)

Was set on Dometic at first because I know the brand and I can probably get one at a discount through my marine business but....then I noticed the EcoFlow Glacier with icemaker. Why not have some ice in your beverage or a smoothie when out on the trail?

Then noticed Iceco has some small/medium dual zone, then i found Bodega brand which I never heard of, then see Bluetti has a dual zone with icemaker, then Engel, then Bouge, then....

I'm stuck reading reviews and watching video (most of which are paid advertisements). I'm usually good at through this, doing solid analysis, and getting the best fit for me. This time I feel like I'm going in circles.

Advice?

Id love to know too. I havent done a lot of research but I seem to remember the dometics have to be thrown away if the compressor goes out. Id love to find one that can be reused and allow a new compressor to be installed.

Feels like I’m looking in a mirror reading this thread.

I’m leaning towards the Ecoflo glacier myself because of the battery combod with the door orientation. Already have a 40l yeti but the appeal of having a portable fridge definitely has me contemplating. I would like examine one in person due to the complaints of build quality however.

I'm starting to lean toward ICECO as they have Secop/DanFoss compressors but are a very good value and have

I think the icemaker in the Ecoflow Glacier seems cool but in practice I doubt it would be much use and adds complicaiton to the machine. Would rather trade for more interior volume.

If I had a gun to my head and had to buy in the next 5 min I would probably get the iceco JP40 Pro dual zone.

But the APL35 looks interesting too. Some advantages to all aluminum construction. It is apparently extremely lightweight. But it has to get dented up (inside and out). Does not absorb sunlight as much but looks a bit blingy to my taste.

I guess now I need to figure out the technical differences of their JP line vs APL line. The analysis never ends!

1727184541745.png

1727184481392.png

I’ve the Iceco VL60. I have had this for 3 or 4 years. Me and my father use it for off road trips. We haven’t had any problems out of it. In my opinion it’s worth the price. The iceco uses the same compressor as the ARB.

Back