IT NEEDS A LIFT KIT!

How is the ride compared to stock?
I was on the 20 inch premium wheels before this. Even though I have not had the chance to mess around with the high/low speed compression and rebound adjusters yet, it rides much better than stock. Little to no body roll when cornering even with the higher center of gravity (felt a ton of this with the stock setup) and an overall more comfortable ride (eats up bumps and crappy pavement while not being boaty/floaty).

Have yet to test them off-pavement / on the trails but I'd be willing to bet they'd do just fine, maybe even better than the Kings 2.5 w/ adjusters I had on my T4R, at least for the majority of trail riding.

I was on the 20 inch premium wheels before this. Even though I have not had the chance to mess around with the high/low speed compression and rebound adjusters yet, it rides much better than stock. Little to no body roll when cornering even with the higher center of gravity (felt a ton of this with the stock setup) and an overall more comfortable ride (eats up bumps and crappy pavement while not being boaty/floaty).

Have yet to test them off-pavement / on the trails but I'd be willing to bet they'd do just fine, maybe even better than the Kings 2.5 w/ adjusters I had on my T4R, at least for the majority of trail riding.
Thanks for that! I wonder if the non-reservoir version of their lift would also ride well? That’s a little closer to my budget

Thanks for that! I wonder if the non-reservoir version of their lift would also ride well? That’s a little closer to my budget
I’ve heard great things about their IMS setup, generally popular across a lot of platforms. Most people who get externals don’t really need them for the type of driving they do.

The reservoir is just a storage area for additional oil which allows the internals to stay cooler longer and reduces shock fade under heavy use. Unless you're driving on "wash board" roads a lot, there really not needed. They do look really cool tho'

Dobinson MRR kit + JBA UCA + 35x12.5r17s

Thanks for the pics, I’m looking at Dobinsons. Would you describe the result as level or slight reverse rake? It’s hard to tell without a straight on side pic, but some pics look like slight reverse rake.

Thanks for the pics, I’m looking at Dobinsons. Would you describe the result as level or slight reverse rake? It’s hard to tell without a straight on side pic, but some pics look like slight reverse rake.
Yeah I actually have a very slight rake, with the rear being ~1 inch higher than the front (tire to wheel arch). You’ll have some freedom to tinker around with it though, and results may vary. The front height will be adjustable via the spring + preload collar, and the rear lift is dependent on your selected rear spring & load. Could go for a level look if you tinker around long enough. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• IMG_1268.jpeg
    IMG_1268.jpeg
    210.2 KB · Views: 18
I spoke with Icon Vehicle Dynamics and they said that the LC lift kits should be announced and shipping at the end of October. I just ordered their new wheels designed specifically for the LC with an offset that will still allow the wider and larger tire to fit in the fender well. I planning on running Nitto 35”s.

I spoke with Icon Vehicle Dynamics and they said that the LC lift kits should be announced and shipping at the end of October. I just ordered their new wheels designed specifically for the LC with an offset that will still allow the wider and larger tire to fit in the fender well. I planning on running Nitto 35”s.
I’m getting a 17x8 +35mm wheel to use with a 315/70/17 tire. I’m hoping that won’t rub.

I have been looking at and researching Westcott s preload lift collar; their LC looks good and mostly functions without damaging the stick suspension which I think is not bad in these LC250s.
I have gone back and forth on the Westcott but the more I research it, I feel like this could be the way I go eventually and probably all I would ever need. That and a tire between 33 and 34".

Could run 35 no problem
Yes for sure. This is where you have to ask yourself is it really needed to go larger and what will you really be doing? Or, if for looks then that is another deal altogether. But this truck is very capable with the stock size tire. Add the slight lift to give more clearance and you could be set. Bump just a notch larger in tire size with that Wescott lift....that could be it for me out here in flat lands and beach.

you know with this LC it doesn't all have to be done today....you could advance along slowly. More difficult for me to modify such a perfect brand new vehicle. that's just me.

Yes for sure. This is where you have to ask yourself is it really needed to go larger and what will you really be doing? Or, if for looks then that is another deal altogether. But this truck is very capable with the stock size tire. Add the slight lift to give more clearance and you could be set. Bump just a notch larger in tire size with that Wescott lift....that could be it for me out here in flat lands and beach.
Well I got the 1958 and the tires are great on road but would be crap off road and the wheel I d rather go 17 and tire a 34-35 A/T

Back