It Appears Inventory is Finally Increasing....

Esquire

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Apr 27, 2024
Media
Omaha, NE
Vehicles
2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited - Black / Redwood; 2016 Porsche 911 - 991.1 Carrera Base - Black / Black
It Appears Inventory is Finally Growing of the Landcruiser Edition--Everyone Else Noticing This?

Definitely. All dealers in my area have 7-12 in the pipeline.

The 1958s do seem to hang around a little longer.

I'm seeing GX's and LC's of all levels now available for immediate purchase. I've turned down 4 GX's, 1 1958 & 1 FE - still waiting for my LC to arrive but I could probably go find one if I were that motivated

Just to add, I was like 50th on a local dealer's wait list, this was the second Friday in a row he's called and offered me one. If I wasn't picky I'd have one on the way.

I was 27th on my waitlist, putting a deposit down on August 2023. I got my LC just over a week ago and my guy said they had already cleared the waitlist. I guess I was the most picky waitlister!

They had 10 on their website last time I looked a few days ago.

Yesterday my local dealer had one of each version in stock for immediate purchase. Heading there today to complete the purchase on my reserved unit.

When I was shopping hard I probably talked to 10 dealerships. Wasnโ€™t going to pay a deposit but told them all what I was looking for and got told I was down the list and quoted crazy prices (all of which I said ok thanks anyway). Finally found the exact one I wanted for a reasonable price and got it in mid-May.

Last three weeks itโ€™s been a nonstop barrage from probably 5 of those dealerships pushing models at or near MSRP. Iโ€™m thinking the quality hold issue being resolved plus the rush to get these โ€œ2024โ€ models out the door before every other dealership is selling 2025โ€™s has combined to make some LC (maybe not your color and model) available to almost anyone who wants one. Especially as the LC LC models flood out.

Two FL dealers I follow have 15 LCs each. One of the had a free raffle to win a chance to buy an LC back when the first allocations of them it. They are an MSRP only dealer. Today, I could walk in and take my pick I guess.

Just to add, I was like 50th on a local dealer's wait list, this was the second Friday in a row he's called and offered me one. If I wasn't picky I'd have one on the way.
Is your dealer Sunnyvale? They called me yesterday with a couple they were selling at MSRP, poorly optioned though...

At Bay area, I too started getting calls from multiple dealers and some cases the markup went down to 1k with choice of my color.
Another guy even took a 5 minute "info session" to convince me that I am not going to get for MSRP in near future.

But, I am going to wait for my allocation which will arrive in 1-2 days at the port and 2-3 weeks later it will be ready for me to pickup.

Back