Is there fake engine noise in the 2024 Land Cruiser?

deftkillerstu

📛 Founding Member
Jun 25, 2024
Charlotte, NC
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser First Edition in Heritage Blue
I'm about to become a first time Land Cruiser owner with the new 2024 First Edition Heritage Blue. I've read on some boards that car manufacturers pump in fake engine noise in hybrid vehicles. Does anyone know if this is true on the new LC? Sounds like it's something that I will want to definitely turn off if it does. Thanks!

I'm about to become a first time Land Cruiser owner with the new 2024 First Edition Heritage Blue. I've read on some boards that car manufacturers pump in fake engine noise in hybrid vehicles. Does anyone know if this is true on the new LC? Sounds like it's something that I will want to definitely turn off if it does. Thanks!
According to those who aspire to only believe in the naturally aspirated engine the turbo engine is fake by definition. So what you hear is kinda fake by default. 😉

According to those who aspire to only believe in the naturally aspirated engine the turbo engine is fake by definition. So what you hear is kinda fake by default. 😉
The turbo engine is "fake by definition"? Please elaborate...

I literally heard that they do this from a family members that have Tundra hybrid. So idk if it’s true .. but I was told they do “pump” that noise into the cabin

As far as i can tell it does not have fake engine sound , my Gen 3 tundra hybrid does and sound good.
the LC sounds like a sewing machine , I hate the way it sounds , but it's a 4 cylinder .

Unless they are horrible at creating cool engine sounds, no. It sounds just like you would imagine a turbo 4cyl / hybrid to sound. It doesn't bother me though. If I wanted a cool sounding car I would buy a muscle car and stick to the pavement.

I'm not sure if this applies to the Land Cruiser but other Toyota models can have the fake engine noise turned off by the dealer - . Start at about the 3:20 mark.

Just ask the dealer when you are signing to remove if it's there. If I recall correctly, the new Tundra's with the JBL system have the artificial noise the base sound system does not.

Will probably get one of these when they add 2024 LC to supported vehicles. Carista
It is supported as lc300. I tested it for them. I was able to disable seatbelt chimes front and rear, change the turn signals from three blink to six blink and a few other things. Their tech-support is excellent to work with as I had an issue or two that they resolved within a day.

FYI, Fj cruiser is not listed but I plugged it in to see what would happen. It recognized it and the only customization was to turn the seatbelt tri off, and that is exactly all that I was looking for.

I'm not sure if this applies to the Land Cruiser but other Toyota models can have the fake engine noise turned off by the dealer - . Start at about the 3:20 mark.

- I thought it couldn’t be true, but was told they do this sound into vehicles..

I don't know about putting engine noise into the cabin over the sound system, but I have this question:

Can anyone confirm that at low speeds when solely on electric, this LC plays a whiny sound like the other annoying electric vehicles in a parking lot (for safety so you don't run silent and hit a pedestrian).

I think mine does and I dislike it intensely. I did not hear it when I test drove it with 2-10 miles on it and the hybrid battery was not fully charged. But now, when the battery is charged and I'm running on electric only at slow speeds, for instance approaching a stop sign, I hear it.
Or am I hearing something else?
Thx

I don’t notice any sounds when running electric . I don’t believe there is any fake sound affects either . If it’s they picked a terrible sound . Mine sounds like a 4 cylinder, which I hate . My tundra on the other hand did have fake sound and it sounded very good , even though it was fake it made it sound good inside cab

Back