Introduction - Radflo Shocks

Thomas at Radflo

đź“› Founding Member
Sep 12, 2024
Media
Fountain Valley CA
Vehicles
4Runner
Hey there! My name is Thomas from Radflo Shocks and I am here to help with any specific questions you might have about our LC shocks!

Here is a picture of one of our recent customers LC250 (2.5 IFP Coilover) :)

IMG_20240818_123907_611.jpg

Hey Thomas! What kind of changes can you expect from a Radflo shock upgrade? How do the various models compare to stock besides the potential lift?
Hey there,

When upgrading to Radflo shocks, you're not just enhancing your vehicle's lift – you're gaining substantial improvements in handling, ride quality, and long-term durability. Here's a breakdown of how our different Radflo shock models outperform stock:

• 500R (2.0 IFP): This Internal Floating Piston (IFP) shock utilizes a monotube design for precise damping control, delivering superior handling and ride comfort compared to stock. It's well-suited for daily driving and light off-road use, offering increased responsiveness and durability at an affordable price point. 500R is equipped with a Hydraulic Droop Stop (HDS), which plays a critical role in protecting the shock during extreme extension and reducing harsh top out noise.

• Radflo 2.5 IFP: With a larger 2.5" diameter body, this shock provides enhanced oil volume and heat dissipation, significantly improving performance during more demanding off-road conditions. The absence of a reservoir makes it a straightforward upgrade for those seeking improved damping without added complexity.

• Radflo 2.5 with Reservoir: The addition of an external reservoir increases oil capacity and cooling efficiency, preventing cavitation and shock fade under prolonged or aggressive off-road use. This results in more consistent damping performance over time, even in extreme conditions.

• Radflo 2.5 with Reservoir and Compression Adjuster: This shock incorporates a single compression adjuster, enabling precise control over the shock's stiffness. It allows you to quickly adjust for various driving conditions, from high-performance off-roading to daily highway comfort, with the turn of a dial.

• Radflo 2.5 with Reservoir and High/Low Speed Adjusters: Designed for enthusiasts who demand maximum tunability, this shock features independent high- and low-speed compression adjusters. This dual-adjustment capability allows for fine-tuning the suspension response for specific applications, ranging from slow-speed rock crawling to high-speed desert runs.
Key Feature: Radflo offers direct bolt-on shocks and dampers which do no require upper control arms (UCAs). If you're looking for increased lift and travel Radflo offers extended length versions, which when paired with an aftermarket UCA, fitting into the mid-travel lift category.

Personalized Tuning: When you order directly from Radflo or through one of our authorized dealers, you can provide your vehicle's specifications. We'll fine-tune your shocks according to your vehicle's weight, usage, and suspension geometry to deliver personalized performance right out of the box.

Hey Thomas, welcome to the forums! How does installing your product(s) affect the vehicle's stock articulation? Does it limit how much the suspension can droop? I assume you have some numbers for this (since it's easy to measure), I'd appreciate you providing the before/after measurements.

can you use to level out with adjustment pre set? like a blistenn 5100 set at say 1 inch etc...
With Radflo shocks, you can achieve between 0-2.5 inches of lift, depending on the specific shock model you choose. Unlike the mentioned Bilstein 5100, which has set increments for lift, Radflo Shocks shocks provide a wider range of adjustment to fine-tune the ride height and performance according to your preferences.

If you make a request with us or any of our dealers, we can pre-adjust the shocks to your specifications, so they’re ready for a true plug-and-play experience right out of the box!

Like a lot of us on here, I'm looking to upgrade my wheel/tires as well as the suspension. Do you have any information on combining your suspension along with wheel combinations for off-roading that don't rub or require any modification to the wheel wells? For example, 17" wheel with KO3s (285/75R17) fit after a 1" lift? It seems like the biggest drawback I'm seeing for off-roading the LC is fitting bigger tires without rubbing. Want 35s on a Bronco? No problem. 35s on an LC? Umm, we'll have to figure that one out. I'd like to get at least some 34s on the LC along with an upgraded suspension. Radflo is on my list of possibilities.

Back