ACC lights for off-road and off-grid camping

t3lcfe

📛 Founding Member
Aug 18, 2024
Media
Anaheim, CA
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser FE
I just finished the installation of my ACC lights (ditch lights Rigid/Westcott Designs brackets, front bumper light bar Baja Design 20” S8 yellow, roof front light bars (2) 10” KC flex era, roof side lights Baja Design S2 sport white light pods, and roof rear chasing lights Baja Design S2 amber.
Tonight testing all the “front” lights. My phone camera couldn’t capture the real bright and affects of them. However, I would say they are awesome and super bright which will serve me well on dark trails at night alone. Also, the street legal amber backlit lights help to make my LC standing out sexy and unique on street at night or day (daylight lights)
Here are couple photos of them. Phone camera can’t make the Justice
Follow this video, you can see those lights off at day time

Attachments

• Snapseed.jpeg
    Snapseed.jpeg
    287.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Snapseed.jpeg
    Snapseed.jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Snapseed.jpeg
    Snapseed.jpeg
    233.4 KB · Views: 50
Wow!!! Great job! Super clean. I am looking to do the same S8 Baja Design 20” bar and Baja Design roof rack lights. Which light control panel did you go with and how did you get cables from roof rack into the hood?

TIA

Just curious which one of your light is more effective? I was thinking about the roof rack front light but it is too much in the back so not sure if it can cover well for the road

Just curious which one of your light is more effective? I was thinking about the roof rack front light but it is too much in the back so not sure if it can cover well for the road
Each ACC light has its own use / purpose. However, if you choose 1 only, either rooffront light bar or front bumper lighbar will serve you well. Probably, the roof lightbar is better but require more works for wiring from roof to engine bay with no obvious wire exposed

Did you have to drill into the roof rack fairing to mount the rear lights?
Many people asked me this same question, and I tried my best time to explain / help our community (from my busy working life ;)
Attached are my sketch and some real photos of how all wires running especially from roof to engine bay and how super clean and easy to control 8 diffrent ACC lights such as rock lights, ditch lights, front bumper lights, side lights (mainly to lit up camping /cooking area next to side vehicle), chasing lights (flashing)

Attachments

• IMG_7484.jpeg
    IMG_7484.jpeg
    393.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7480.jpeg
    IMG_7480.jpeg
    514.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7481.jpeg
    IMG_7481.jpeg
    391.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7476.jpeg
    IMG_7476.jpeg
    456.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7473.jpeg
    IMG_7473.jpeg
    401.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7483.jpeg
    IMG_7483.jpeg
    338.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7483.jpeg
    IMG_7483.jpeg
    338.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7459.jpeg
    IMG_7459.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 15
Wow!!! Great job! Super clean. I am looking to do the same S8 Baja Design 20” bar and Baja Design roof rack lights. Which light control panel did you go with and how did you get cables from roof rack into the hood?

TIA
Thanks. See my detail explaining how to run wires and control switch work from recent post. Go all the way to my latest post in this

Many people asked me this same question, and I tried my best time to explain / help our community (from my busy working life ;)
Attached are my sketch and some real photos of how all wires running especially from roof to engine bay and how super clean and easy to control 8 diffrent ACC lights such as rock lights, ditch lights, front bumper lights, side lights (mainly to lit up camping /cooking area next to side vehicle), chasing lights (flashing)
What mount are you using there for the Auxbeam switch panel?

RAM mount system. Flexible for your custom.
I also use them for my low-profile phone mount and iPad mount for maps (Gaia GPS, etc) while off-road trails

Back