Hitch receiver bike rack/cooler carrier

Hiker42

📛 Founding Member
Aug 21, 2024
Media
Atlanta, GA
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee
I'll be using my LC for many family camping trips this summer. One challenge the LC presents for me is the cargo area load floor height. I know it's going to be a challenge to lift my 50qt cooler into the cargo area.

A hitch mounted cargo carrier could be a solution, but I need the hitch receiver available for my bike rack. I bring at least three bikes on most camping trips.

Is there some solution that would allow me to carry my 50qt Pelican cooler and three or four bikes at the same time? Rooftop solutions won't work for me.

Yakima has their EXO system that essentially does a double decker hitch carrier. The lower level can be a cargo basket and the upper level can be bike trays. Unfortunately, I only see provisions for 2 bikes. There doesn't seem to be a 3 bike version.

1728926657313.png

Yakima has their EXO system that essentially does a double decker hitch carrier. The lower level can be a cargo basket and the upper level can be bike trays. Unfortunately, I only see provisions for 2 bikes. There doesn't seem to be a 3 bike version.

View attachment 14623
That's one bike away from perfect!

Back