Hit and Run :(

landothecruiser

đź“› Founding Member
Jul 11, 2024
Media
San Diego
Vehicles
Land Cruiser 250 First Edition
LCFE got hit while it was parked. It was all caught on my dashcam. Any recommendations on what I should do? Looks like a company car hit me and sped off, leaving no note. How can I get this fixed?

Attachments

• IMG_8336.jpeg
    IMG_8336.jpeg
    279.3 KB · Views: 323
  • video-output-E7E5EB67-8F8B-44F7-9306-F40C25EC1CBC.mp4
    7.8 MB
Oh man. Sucks to see to this happen to your new ride. These crew truck drivers should be more careful considering the training they get to avoid this situation.

Hope you find a quick resolution with insurance.

Btw what dash cam setup are you using?

It is a hit & run, and you have the video. I would definitely report it to the police. Possibly the company owning the vehicle would settle without going through insurance, as insurance companies tend to record incidents, regardless of who is at fault.

Oh man. Sucks to see to this happen to your new ride. These crew truck drivers should be more careful considering the training they get to avoid this situation.

Hope you find a quick resolution with insurance.

Btw what dash cam setup are you using?
I’ve got the Blackvue DR970X 2CH setup. Had my local car stereo shop hard wire it for $800 OTD. Little pricey, but worth it.

Amazon.com

I’ve got the Blackvue DR970X 2CH setup. Had my local car stereo shop hard wire it for $800 OTD. Little pricey, but worth it.

Amazon.com

Here's what got me into my LC from my Tacoma recorded on my Blackvue DR750 2CH LTE....(90 mph impact- we both were doing 45) the video makes it look like slow motion but trust me it happened much faster.

I would say that dash cam just paid for itself. I would report to police as well as your insurance company and hold onto that recording.

Call the cops, show them the video, and direct them to these assholes…

IMG_0052.png

Go to police even if it’s mostly useless. Go through insurance and insist on original parts.
Then depending on what the insurance does ( they might just pay it and do nothing further) I would contact the company and try to get the driver fired just out of principle. Also leave incident on their yelp review and let people know they can’t trust this company.

Here's what got me into my LC from my Tacoma recorded on my Blackvue DR750 2CH LTE....(90 mph impact- we both were doing 45) the video makes it look like slow motion but trust me it happened much faster.

That is amazing that you even survived the 90 mph impact forces!!!

That is amazing that you even survived the 90 mph impact forces!!!
I am a man of faith and I believe in God Almighty. I have no doubt he had his hand on me. 15 years ago I was on my deathbed with lung cancer and emphysema. The doctors told me I might as well just get my affairs in order because it was so advanced and all over my lungs. Every breath I took hurts so bad I had to hold my chest.
I cried out to my God to save me and here I am 15 years later, pretty healthy for being 65. I never had any treatment for the cancer.

The traffic officer told me had it been a more direct impact, none of us would've survived. Even the two passengers in that RAV4 survived. They were pretty banged up but they're going to make it.
So all in all not only do I give credit to God, but I give credit to the Toyota engineers for a job well done.

My wife has a 2024 Honda CRV and as soon as they come out with the new 4Rrunner, which is what I really wanted, she's trading up because of the safety system and it gets her a little higher off the road.

Reactions: MJE
I am a man of faith and I believe in God Almighty. I have no doubt he had his hand on me. 15 years ago I was on my deathbed with lung cancer and emphysema. The doctors told me I might as well just get my affairs in order because it was so advanced and all over my lungs. Every breath I took hurts so bad I had to hold my chest.
I cried out to my God to save me and here I am 15 years later, pretty healthy for being 65. I never had any treatment for the cancer.

The traffic officer told me had it been a more direct impact, none of us would've survived. Even the two passengers in that RAV4 survived. They were pretty banged up but they're going to make it.
So all in all not only do I give credit to God, but I give credit to the Toyota engineers for a job well done.

My wife has a 2024 Honda CRV and as soon as they come out with the new 4Rrunner, which is what I really wanted, she's trading up because of the safety system and it gets her a little higher off the road.
PGFWABF!!!

LCFE got hit while it was parked. It was all caught on my dashcam. Any recommendations on what I should do? Looks like a company car hit me and sped off, leaving no note. How can I get this fixed?
I am old enough to remember this country before it turned to crap.
There was a time someone like that would've left a note on your windshield with her phone number and or address so they could make it right with you when you got an estimate or whatever.
It happened to my new Ranger back in 21 and I was in a handicap spot with plenty of room on both sides of me.
My wife is a nurse and someone got her good the other day in the employee parking lot with no note of course.

Once at a mall, I saw this old lady drive into a parking spot and hit a car in the spot in front of her so hard, she knocked that other car clean out of its spot.
Some other guy and I pushed that car back into its spot. I put a note on his/her windshield with her license plate and my phone number and I wrote they needed to have the gears in the transmission checked for missing teeth.
That old lady took off with another old lady in the seat beside her, and I went and sat back in my truck doing some paperwork.
Low and behold, that old lady drove back around jumped out of her car and took that note out from under that windshield wiper and drove back away. She didn't know I was in my truck so I left another note. Never heard from the people though. For all I know that old lady drove back around the second time and stole the second note.
Just a story I thought I'd share. I feel for you though, especially on a new vehicle.

I’m that old guy that can’t go out in public anymore because I get in trouble when I call out a POS. I don’t understand why people put up with this stuff any longer. They see people misbehaving and acting like total POS’s but nobody says anything. Like standing in line behind somebody who’s on their cell phone and not paying attention to the cashier. I’m the guy that tells them to get the hell off their phone and take care of business.

There was just too many entitled a$$holes out there nowadays.

I’m that old guy that can’t go out in public anymore because I get in trouble when I call out a POS. I don’t understand why people put up with this stuff any longer. They see people misbehaving and acting like total POS’s but nobody says anything. Like standing in line behind somebody who’s on their cell phone and not paying attention to the cashier. I’m the guy that tells them to get the hell off their phone and take care of business.

There was just too many entitled a$$holes out there nowadays.
There's just something about a one-sided conversation on the phone that are so annoying.
Sometimes I pull out my phone and I talk as loud as they are but I'm answering their questions or responding back to them.
Sometimes I get an excuse me? And I say excuse you what I'm talking on the phone. Gotta have some fun with them.
The other day I had some butch going through the 10 item checkout line with two different orders of over 15 items in each order.
She caught me glaring at her. I was really refraining from saying what I really wanted to say in a stern voice.. So I did the next best thing.
I opened my fart app and set it to five second timers repeating with nice and meaty farts and went through the motions with my face and lifting my leg up. She couldn't grab her stuff fast enough to put it in her basket and get out of there.
The cashier knew what I was doing and she was giggling.
Wish I had you with me that day.

I need that fart app. Is it in the Apple App Store? What’s the name?

I can’t stand these a$$holes that sit in public blasting their music or something they’re watching. I will sit down next to them and start blasting my phone with Black Sabbath or some death metal or other things. Sometimes they get the hint and turn theirs down.

Another thing I don’t get is that in my health club there’s not a lot of room in the locker room. These guys will spread their stuff out on a bench and sit there naked watching crap on their phone. I mean like, there’s a nice lounge out front, why not go out there. And then when you wanna use a little space on the bench and ask them if they don’t mind sharing, they give you a dirty look. WTF.

I need that fart app. Is it in the Apple App Store? What’s the name?

I can’t stand these a$$holes that sit in public blasting their music or something they’re watching. I will sit down next to them and start blasting my phone with Black Sabbath or some death metal or other things. Sometimes they get the hint and turn theirs down.

Another thing I don’t get is that in my health club there’s not a lot of room in the locker room. These guys will spread their stuff out on a bench and sit there naked watching crap on their phone. I mean like, there’s a nice lounge out front, why not go out there. And then when you wanna use a little space on the bench and ask them if they don’t mind sharing, they give you a dirty look. WTF.
Dude… they are flirting with you..

Back