Hi I am New

Ballermaris

πŸ“› Founding Member
Oct 23, 2024
Atlanta, GA
Vehicles
1995 Toyota Land Cruiser w/4.2 liter Diesel
I joined the Land Cruiser forum to learn about Land Cruisers. I acquired a 1995 Land Cruiser with a 4.2-liter diesel engine and an automatic transmission. As of Wednesday morning, when I filled it up with diesel, it had 413480 kilometers. It is in excellent condition and drives like a champ.

It was an export from Japan to a country other than the US at the time, imported and titled in NJ earlier last year, and I obtained it from an eBay dealer on Monday.

I am 63 and will soon be 64, and I live in the Atlanta area.

I was a bit busy today, but I will soon post photos. It's a pretty shade of blue.

I did have to add some oil to it, and I used Shell Rotella Oil 15W40 at least until I could get it fully serviced by an independent TOYO shop. I will not consider taking it to a regular TOYO dealer, as they would likely muck it up.

I plan to add some upgrades, including a full steel brush guard with a winch and off-road lights. I figure it will get a 12,000-pound winch installed.

I have located some service manuals for it and owner manuals, so when they come in, they will be rather helpful.

I put new tires on it, which are General Tires with AT Grabbers.

Thanks for having me.

Hello Ballermaris! Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have a jewel of a LC, especially the diesel engine. Yes, please post some photos, and include the engine compartment so we can express envy.

Welcome to the forum.

My son once owned a Land Cruiser that the previous owner had installed a Cummins 4BT (I think that is what he said it had). It was a four cylinder, like what was used in FedEx vehicles. He bought it from some guy in Colorado when he was living DC. I got to drive it once. It rolled coal, any time, and every time I pulled away from a light. Those Prius owning folks hated it being in their city. πŸ˜¬πŸ˜‚

Not just Prius owners hate the obnoxious folks who roll coal. Folks with respiratory challenges suffer greatly. And, of course it is illegal to modify a vehicle to do this.

Back