Help me choose wheel - Method 703 vs 705

LCdad

📛 Founding Member
Sep 9, 2024
Media
NorCal
Vehicles
LC250
Any thoughts on which Method wheel to choose? Both are 17x8.5 +35 offset which is perfect for me.

Aesthetically I like the 703 symmetric spoke look but it also weighs 27.93 lbs whereas the 795 weighs 25.24lb, a whopping 2.5lb difference.

I assume the 703 may be slightly stronger but that wouldn’t matter to myself.

I guess I’m wondering if the 2.5lb is big enough of a deal to choose the lighter wheel. Wheel weight would have a smaller effect than tire weight I’d think.

Attachments

• IMG_7706.png
    IMG_7706.png
    1 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_7705.png
    IMG_7705.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
Any thoughts on which Method wheel to choose? Both are 17x8.5 +35 offset which is perfect for me.

Aesthetically I like the 703 symmetric spoke look but it also weighs 27.93 lbs whereas the 795 weighs 25.24lb, a whopping 2.5lb difference.

I assume the 703 may be slightly stronger but that wouldn’t matter to myself.

I guess I’m wondering if the 2.5lb is big enough of a deal to choose the lighter wheel. Wheel weight would have a smaller effect than tire weight I’d think.
I prefer the 703s but you are the one that looks at your truck first thing when you come out to drive it. lol
I don't think the 10 lbs. of total weight difference will be noticed. You will notice the weight of a heavier, bigger tire however. Dissent Offroad said they were impressed with the power delivery of the new LC with massive 38" tires on their build. I will never turn my truck into a rock crawler but I was impressed to hear their take on the power of the new LC.

Just keep in mind that you've only got a few mm of clearance from the brake calipers with these 17" wheels according to Method. They fit, but it's a tight fit. Unfortunately they don't offer them in that same offset and 18". I keep reading the bead grid wheels are really nice. And there are more 17" tire options . . . so yeah, lots of good reasons to go with these. And just that one reason not to.

Personal opinion: I like the way the 705 looks, but I agree with beammeup that it bugs me with the 6 lug nuts! 703's then.

Ooh. I didnt even think of that. I agree the second design looks better, but it’s heavier too
A 6 lug wheel with a 5 (10) spoke design offends my sensibilities. The 12 spoke design of the second picture is my preference. YMMV

I went with the 703s in Bronze for whatever it's worth. Same 17x8.5 +35. Should be here today and can hopefully post pictures.

I think the 705 design has a lot of the same lines as the LC and fits the truck perfectly. 703’s look good on everything so you cannot go wrong with those. If I were going aftermarket, the 705’s would be my clear choice.

Bronze is looking sharp! That’s also not a big change in weight.
Yeah, I just went with standard load tires. I didn't want to increase the wheel weight a bunch as I don't do any rock crawling or towing either.

Picture as promised. Running 285/70r17 Falken Wildpeak AT4Ws. Stock 20's weighed in at 77lbs and these weigh 84lbs.
View attachment 11157
I ALMOST bought the 703s in bronze again for my WCP LC. I LOVED them on my army green Tacoma. I ended up buying the 17" 703s in Matte Black. I'm installing my Westcott lift this weekend and will probably do 315/70-17 Falken AT4w's and get those installed the following weekend. Hope it looks as good as this setup..

If your set on those two I like the 705 but Im a little biased im running 701's just because the 705 seemed a little busy to me.

Attachments

• IMG_2266.jpg
    IMG_2266.jpg
    681.5 KB · Views: 30
Back