Heated Seats issue

chirorzr

📛 Founding Member
Aug 6, 2024
Media
Houston
Vehicles
Land Cruiser
Does anyone have issues with the heated seats? Mine don’t feel very warm at all. I know it’s summer but we loved our heated seats to keep our back warm early in the morning or on road trip. Planning to bring into a local dealership to have it check.

There could be an outdoor temperature limit for the heated seats to work. I know certain manufacturers don’t let them turn on if outside temp is above 60F or so.

I seem to have the same issue with my heated seats. I purchased a 1958 with dealer installed leather seats (Katzkin leather). The seats look factory and I am happy with them ...except that the heated seats are emitting pitifully faint heat, even on full blast.

I am not sure if this is because:

A) the Toyota heating elements are weak (which would imply all Land Cruisers are effected)
B) the Katzkin leather is not perforated and may be thicker than OEM which could be causing the issue
C) I can't feel the heat because the ambient temperature is too high (its summer here in PA).

I fear the dealer may simply shrug this off. I invite others to weigh in.

I have not tried heated seats yet since it's hundred degrees where I am but I use the AC seats and those barely work compared to my Chevy truck that I traded in. In my truck on high AC I could clearly hear the cold air coming out of the seats it's very faint in the LC.

I seem to have the same issue with my heated seats. I purchased a 1958 with dealer installed leather seats (Katzkin leather). The seats look factory and I am happy with them ...except that the heated seats are emitting pitifully faint heat, even on full blast.

I am not sure if this is because:

A) the Toyota heating elements are weak (which would imply all Land Cruisers are effected)
B) the Katzkin leather is not perforated and may be thicker than OEM which could be causing the issue
C) I can't feel the heat because the ambient temperature is too high (its summer here in PA).

I fear the dealer may simply shrug this off. I invite others to weigh in.
The katzkin rep and installer for my taco were both adamant that the heating/cooling only really works with a perforated design. That was 6 years ago, though; maybe they were (are?) airflow based back then. I’m having my installer spec the katzkin kit-out for the 250 this week and will ask.

Last edited:
I have the 2024 first edition and have issues with both passenger and driver side heating as well. The cooling feature seems to work fine. I would love if Toyota could do a recall and fix this for us.

well this sucks. Im looking at pulling trigger on 1958 this weekend and reading things like this and other complaints here remind me that first year models are when bugs are worked on. Not sure what to think. decisions decisions....

well this sucks. Im looking at pulling trigger on 1958 this weekend and reading things like this and other complaints here remind me that first year models are when bugs are worked on. Not sure what to think. decisions decisions....
Heated seat is the only issue I have so far with the LC. Otherwise, the car has been great for me. We take the car out town almost every weekend and enjoy every moment. Very happy LC owner here. Maybe u can check out the heated seat on the car u plan to purchase and if it not hot, ask the salesman for his opinions about it. I like to hear what dealership say about it too.

I have a 1958 and the heated seats work great with the cloth seats. So unless you are getting covers I think you're fine.

I have a 1958 and the heated seats work great with the cloth seats. So unless you are getting covers I think you're fine.
I have a 58 with cloth seats and the heating is terrible. The first selection in the second selection you cannot feel at all even with shorts and a t-shirt on.

The third selection you can slightly feel but it's not uniform and not nearly warm enough.

Obviously it's summer here in North America but I've never had a car before that was throttled because of the ambiance temperature outside.

I think this is a major defect

Heated seat is the only issue I have so far with the LC. Otherwise, the car has been great for me. We take the car out town almost every weekend and enjoy every moment. Very happy LC owner here. Maybe u can check out the heated seat on the car u plan to purchase and if it not hot, ask the salesman for his opinions about it. I like to hear what dealership say about it too.
I’m picking up in about a week. I’ll try to remember to check and ask.

I have a 58 with cloth seats and the heating is terrible. The first selection in the second selection you cannot feel at all even with shorts and a t-shirt on.

The third selection you can slightly feel but it's not uniform and not nearly warm enough.

Obviously it's summer here in North America but I've never had a car before that was throttled because of the ambiance temperature outside.

I think this is a major defect

Agree to disagree I guess. I’ve used all three settings and they work fine, just as happy as my Audi heated seats.

Agree to disagree I guess. I’ve used all three settings and they work fine, just as happy as my Audi heated seats.
Maybe they work better on cloth? I have the leather seats, and they are the weakest warmers I've had. Ford fusion were the strongest, GT-R second, accord third. LC fourth.

I have an LC Premium and the heated seats (at least driver side) are working fine. Coming from a 2016 4R which had great heated seats, it seems like these heat up just as fast (had to turn them down with 7-8 minutes).

Perhaps the AC theory has something to it. First cool morning today and my heat came on just a little bit during my commute so I thought I would try the heated seats. They got so hot so fast it was amazing. Had to turn them off and turn on the ventilation to cool it back down!

Perhaps the AC theory has something to it. First cool morning today and my heat came on just a little bit during my commute so I thought I would try the heated seats. They got so hot so fast it was amazing. Had to turn them off and turn on the ventilation to cool it back down!
Yeah perhaps they may only work when AC is in heating mode.

Yeah my first edition heated seats are weak. Hoping its not cold enough here yet? Or need to have AC in heating mode?

Picked up my 1958 on friday and first thing I did was check heated seats. Work great. I have the cloth seats. I had my AC on also. Of note, I could feel the heat ramp up within seconds. Had to turn them off quickly

Will try that later today. Still not how heated seats should work but worth looking in to. Thanks

Back