Question about Digital Key and climate control in 2024 First Edition

I have trouble remembering to hang the remote key up when I get home. Trouble getting used to newer tech...
Good habits are hard to break. I have the same issues.

Correct. The engine is on, but you have to depress the brake pedal and press start to drive it. I believe you need to have the key fob in the vehicle to actually drive it.

I just tested it and after remote starting, you basically have to restart after pressing the brake. You do not need the key fob in the vehicle to drive it.

You do have to have the App open on your phone to use the remote start application or unlock the vehicle.

You can't remote start it if the vehicle is not locked, along with the below restrictions.

Why isn’t my vehicle starting with the Toyota app?​

To perform a Remote Start command using the Remote Connect feature within Toyota app, please follow these pre-conditions:
  • The doors should be locked.
  • The trunk or hood should be closed.
  • The security alarm is not going off.
  • A Remote Start operation should not already be in progress.
  • The brake pedal is not depressed.
  • The vehicle is parked.
  • The "low fuel" light is not on.
  • The Smart Key should not be inside the vehicle.
  • The vehicle must have been driven within the last 7 days.
  • The vehicle must be in an open area with good network signal (e.g. not in underground parking).
  • Only 2 full 10-minute remote start cycles can be done in a row from the app before having to manually start the vehicle.

Back to heating: Am I correct that the vehicle has a heat pump?

For techies the vehicle API seems to be useable. I preheat/cool my Tesla based on calendar and outside temps. I will try that with the LC too.

Back