Hearing a rattle noise at low gear acceleration.

Hello everyone, here is the answer to my complaint about the sound of the truck, here in Peru the dealership is called Grupo Pana.
When they send me the report I will let you know.

Receive a cordial and respectful greeting.

Inform you by this means that our Grupo Pana dealership will shortly proceed to provide a response with technical support, for this purpose a technical report has been prepared that will be sent to you.

Without further ado, we bid farewell cordially.

Update. Took the dealer this morning. Was able to reproduce the sound with the Tech in the car. We could not reproduce while in park or neutral only under load while driving. The best way to reproduce the sound without going up a hill, is to hold the break @1500 rpm while driving 10-15mph. This will keep the load constant and rattle is very noticeable. This is the exact sound. You can keep this sound constant by holding the break.

The tech is going file a report directly back to Toyota. He said they had a similar issue with the new Sequoia and it was fixed with a software update.

I also open a case with Toyota.

They said it’s not a big issue and to keep driving and wait to see what Toyota says.

I am hopeful for a fix from Toyota and not having the local dealer tear apart things until they find the issue.

I think we all know first year cars sometimes have issues. Let’s hope this addressed by Toyota and fixed.

I would encourage everyone to report this at their 5k service appointment or when they go to the dealer/shop. Unfortunately, large companies like Toyota don’t really take things seriously until enough people complain.

If this is the only major issue I encounter, I will be still happy with the LC. Everything else besides some really minor items is good IMO for a first year car.

My '24 LC first edition makes this exact noise in same conditions (1500-2500 rpm, when starting from cold for first 10-15 mins of driving). I took it into the dealership and they verified the noise on my car and another they had sitting around. They deemed it 'normal' as a result, lol. I suspect that this will eventually be a recall. I pushed as hard as possible to get the service dept to push the report up to Toyota. Hopefully as mentioned, with enough pushes like this they will release a fix.

Wow, I just heard this same noise today with my FE (1100miles) while I was on a slightly inclined road and the windows down. Parked the car for an hour and then drove home without hearing it again.

I heard this a bit climbing a steep hill at low speeds with the windows down. Sounded like wastegate noises, engine wasn’t making any boost so it was bypassing.

I could frankly care less about the sound at this point.

Back