Headlight swap

JoT.

📛 Founding Member
Apr 2, 2024
Media
MO
Vehicles
2018 Land Cruiser
Has anyone figured out how to swap from round to rectangular ?
Is it possible ?

Toyota has touted it as being possible. Not cheap I would wager. If you proceed, please post the parts cost.

Wonder if there are parts available?

If I do take the FE, it’s something I would do - that’s the hard part about deciding on that purchase today .. not knowing if it’s possible

Being a new vehicle on the street, would wager it would take months to obtain the parts. Is your reason for swapping the dismal reports of the coverage of the round headlights, or just a dislike of the styling? I'm with you, as once owned an FJ62, and it would be great step back.

It’s actually both … I have seen the shadow reports - but also I want the rectangular lights from the beginning- it’s only an issue because instead of waiting for LC trim I can take home FE today .. but then hate the headlamps (controversial, I know)

Yes its a simple plug and play and can be swapped out. Just have to order form Toyota. Some guy alrerady did it. Parts are available?

Looks like it will run around $2,500 or so....sound right?

Yikes .. 😳

Has anyone figured out how to swap from round to rectangular ?
Is it possible ?
I swear I read somewhere on this forum that someone found the parts and each headlight is about $1000. They are supposedly swappable but i dont think ive seen any reports of someone doing it yet

Looks like it will run around $2,500 or so....sound right?
I hope not ..
I swear I read somewhere on this forum that someone found the parts and each headlight is about $1000. They are supposedly swappable but i dont think ive seen any reports of someone doing it yet
I will have to find this ..
because I’m pulling the trigger -

Immediately will want new headlamps and swap tires /rims

That's where I am gathering my figure as well. $1k a headlight, plus tax, tip, and delivery. Sounds like around $2,500.

Does that include airfare to Japan to pick them up? LOL!!!
That includes a Greyhound bus ride to Eerie, Pennsylvania.

A dealership was able to get the round headlights within a few days and quoted me $1300 each 🙃

I hope not ..

I will have to find this ..
because I’m pulling the trigger -

Immediately will want new headlamps and swap tires /rims
Just send $50k to Toyota and tell them to send you back whatever they don't use. You'll be all set.

A dealership was able to get the round headlights within a few days and quoted me $1300 each 🙃
Insane. For awhile, everyone was stealing the headlights out of 911's. Looks like this may be the new target.

I guess I need to open a for trade thread next
Trade round for rectangular
Trade 18 for 20

Add me to the list of those interested in swapping my rounds for squares. I love the rounds, but need better light

Back