Has anyone put the 12.3" Land Cruiser touchscreen head unit into a 1958?

TLC

📛 Founding Member
Feb 13, 2024
Media
Philadelphia, PA
Vehicles
2024 Jeep Wrangler 4xe.. Land Cruiser some day.
I'm wondering if anyone has tried to modify a 1958 by removing the "8-in. Toyota Audio Multimedia touchscreen" and replacing it with a "12.3-in. Toyota Audio Multimedia touchscreen"?

Theoretically, it's the same dashboard and the same CAN bus, so I wonder how feasible a swap would be?

Not sure if they'd fit since the higher trims also have other features like off road cameras linked to the larger screen.

I've installed 12.3 Chinese Android based head unit from Aliexpress on mine (base trim GCC spec 2.8 diesel) and I like so far.

Not sure if they'd fit since the higher trims also have other features like off road cameras linked to the larger screen.

I've installed 12.3 Chinese Android based head unit from Aliexpress on mine (base trim GCC spec 2.8 diesel) and I like so far.
I’d love to see pictures of that. Do you loose any of the native functionality?

I wanna see this! The stock 8” is a shame. Toyota should’ve left the 12” all around. The cluster could’ve stayed on the smaller scale but the infortainment system deserved better

I wanna see this! The stock 8” is a shame. Toyota should’ve left the 12” all around. The cluster could’ve stayed on the smaller scale but the infortainment system deserved better
Agreed. This isn’t a $30k RAV4, it’s a 57k Land Rover. This is one area where Toyota should be ashamed. How much do you think the parts cost is for a 12” touchscreen in Japan? $25?

These guys did it overseas. The video is in Spanish, but you can see they had a base model (TX) Prado, and upgraded the interior, which includes the infotainment. So, I really hope someone can try to do the same here in the US.

Back