Is this really worth $6,000?

It's not even like the LC trim is just the "luxury" trim. It has more tech, plush, AND is a better offroader.

I'll agree the power running boards thing is weird though. I can't imagine needing those for a stock height vehicle.
Good point. LC contains more "Luxury and Tech" for those that want it.

Let P equal percent of time you plan to be driving off road in gravel rocks mud between tree branches etc real LC stuff.
Then:
P > 30%, get 1958
30% > P > 5% probably still get 1958
5% > P > 1% , get LC LC or maybe still 1958.
P <= 1% get LC premium or FE if you can find one.

When P<1%, or say P=0, is the case that interests me. I am trying to find a good reason to convince myself that my decision to with LC is brilliant decision :)

You are suggesting go with the higher trim as P tends to 0, perhaps for better ride and comfort? But its the same body, frame and suspension across all trims, resulting in the same ride quality.

So, curious, what is your reason to keep LC, and even further to go with higher trim, when the offroad-use is tending to 0.

I think that the LC trim is the best value, FE is the worst value by far, but for me personally even the LC contains stuff that I don't want or need so I prefer the 1958.

There will off course be others that place more value on the luxury items and feel different than I do. I'm okay with that. But everytime I hear someone wanting power running boards, 3rd row seats or great gas mileage I think they should maybe head over to the Highlander aisle.
Agree the LC trim without premium package is the best value, but if we are talking about value, can I interest you in a Honda Pilot Trailsport for $47k ($51k MSRP minus dealer discount)?

It's not even like the LC trim is just the "luxury" trim. It has more tech, plush, AND is a better offroader.

I'll agree the power running boards thing is weird though. I can't imagine needing those for a stock height vehicle.
Probably because you're not vertically challenged 😂

Agree the LC trim without premium package is the best value, but if we are talking about value, can I interest you in a Honda Pilot Trailsport for $47k ($51k MSRP minus dealer discount)?
Honda Pilot Trailsport? Fine vehicle I'm sure, but unless we're comparing it to the RAV4 Trail, it really is bringing a knife to an off-road gunfight.

So I'm debating between 1958 vs LC trims. So I pulled out my pocket protector and created this list of items included with the LC trim over the 1958 trim. I pulled the information from Toyota.

• Power open/close rear door liftgate
  • 18-in. matte-gray alloy wheels
  • Rigid Industries® LED color-selectable fog lights
  • Rectangular LED headlights
  • Illuminated entry
  • Roof rails
  • Power tilt/telescopic steering wheel with TOYOTA badge
  • All-weather floor liners
  • SofTex®-trimmed * seats; 8-way power-adjustable front driver's seat with lumbar support; 6-way manual-adjustable passenger seat
  • Heated and ventilated front seats
  • 12.3-in. digital gauge cluster with selectable gauge display screens and fuel economy, Driver Assist, vehicle/trip information, and warning messages
  • Multi-Terrain Monitor (MTM) with selectable front, side or rear views
  • 12.3-in. Toyota Audio Multimedia touchscreen with 10-speaker audio system, wireless Android Auto™ * & Apple CarPlay® * compatibility, SiriusXM® * 3-month trial subscription
  • Stabilizer Disconnect Mechanism (SDM)
  • Multi-Terrain Select (MTS) with Auto, Dirt, Sand, Mud, Rock and Deep Snow
  • 265/70R18
Other than the SDM, there's nothing special, in my opinion, to justify $6,000 increase.

In comparison to the $6000 Sasquatch Package on the Ford Bronco, its capable and a great value..

• 17" beadlock-capable wheels
  • 35" tires
  • locking front and rear axles
  • 4.7 final drive ratio
  • high-clearance suspension 11.4"
  • BILSTEIN position-sensitive shock absorbers
  • high-clearance fender flares

Just trying to understand Toyota decisions. Value your thoughts.
Sounds like you really want the Bronco.

I think the LC trim is best but i ordered a 1958 in Hawaii its hard to keep anything nice .... Surfing Hunting Camping too stressful with all the nice stuff plus extra money for tint rims tires seat covers floor mats all add up ....wish 1958 had disconnect and MTS

I was just going to get the 1958. Then I realized that I am not getting any younger, may as well go for the top of the line FE. It’s only money. I cannot take it with me, and my kids don’t need it.

Value is definitely relative & it all depends on your situation & what you plan to do with it. I’m not a base model shopper though as I see value in spending extra on a vehicle I’d hope to have 10+ years (or I wouldn’t need to investigate Toyotas). There are upgrades on this list I’d probably spend $6K for on their own. Glad there’s some choice & variability though to reach more customers.

My Landy/ core/base with premium package is at the Long Beach port in Los Angeles county. Premium package has everything I ever wanted. Love this deal. Paid 425 for blizzard pearl. Mid July, it is heading to my dealer. So thankful for the choices I made.

Back