First impressions... Day 1

I've had mine 5 days and 150 miles now. Here's what I have found:

It looks great without screaming Hey Look At Me!!!

The ride is very trucky but I have not yet lowered my tire pressure from the 41 as delivered. On the highway, it smooths out nicely.

I was worried about the noise but I've had it up to 80 and it was very quiet. Some wind noise from the mirrors but little road noise. I removed the cross bars from the roof immediately and I'm sure that helped.

The handling has not been an issue. Yes it leans but it holds well and does not feel ungainly. And my other car is a BMW.

The size is not an issue at all. I had it on the narrow, one way streets of downtown Annapolis and felt very comfortable, even with the big mirrors. The boxy shape, and especially the hood, make it very easy to judge the right side of the car.

I'm generally willing to give the nanny features a chance. I've left them all on but usually giving only visual, not auditory feedback. The 2 exceptions are the rear cross traffic alert, which I love and left on audible, and the driver monitoring, which I hate and turned off completely. It's a great concept and would probably be useful on a long trip, but it is poorly designed. It comes on too fast and I tend to put my hand at the 12 o'clock position when driving around town, and that triggers it instantly. I'm pretty comfortable with technology but it takes a long time to truly understand all these features and set them up the way you want them. I would agree that there is a bit of sensory overload going on.

Love the Head Up Display.

I wish all the settings could be done through the big screen rather than the little MID on the dash. All the abbreviations and acronyms don't help people understand what they're doing.

The AC rocks. It's been 90s and humid here and my LC is black, but I'm comfortable. Had to turn the fan down - it was freezing us out.

I suppose the chill box is nice but I would rather it be optional. I'd rather have a big storage bin because in cabin storage is not great. The two compartments under the back floor are very nice though.
I used to drive with my right hand at the 12 o'clock position also. Having read a number of times how your arm gets broken against your face in a collision from the airbags, I learned not to do it although once in a while I'll catch myself from time to time and I move it.
Had I been driving like that last week when I totaled my Tacoma, that surely would've happened at my 90 mph impact. I might only have half an arm or a valley through the center of my face or forehead. Just a thought.

On the HUD settings, it just said on or off so I called my sales guy and he told me you had to hold the hold button down for a few seconds to get the menu to move location on the windshield and to brighten or dim it. There was no indication in the menu to do that.
I have a low speed shimmy in my LC. I'm up to 145 miles. My tires were 30 and 31 air pressure and I put it up to 35 although it's recommended 33. (Nito Tires) Not much improvement at all. Taking it into service Wednesday morning.

Just a nother note... I forgot to talk about... The toyota app Suxs...Big time! It either refuses to load... like when I want to start my car while I'm about to finish shopping.... or it runs in the back ground and drains my phone Battery like I'm in the movie... Pretty Woman at the hotel!

I had a similar experience at first on MPG, but it has improved as I've driven it more and now averaging 22 mpg with just under a thousand miles. Think it does take a while to figure out the best way to drive these, but no doubt that a ton of stop and go in the city isn't really going to be optimum on these. Having said that, I do a fair amount of city driving, so the 22 mpg figure seems pretty good to me.

Day 3

1. No change in Milage... Somehow... I'm missing the electric motor boost... Even putting the car in drive and never touching the gas pedal... Yet still have RPM's at 1500 or more? I guess it suxs to only live 8 miles from your job!

It's freaking HOT here in Arizona! Soooo..

2. Got Window tint today..... Front windshield... Driver and passenger windows... and Sun Roof.... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got this Suntek Evolve ceramic tint.... The issue is I left out the tint... Meaning it's not tinted... This stuff is clear...yet some how blocks ALL the heat!

I can't even describe.... how it is to have 110 heat blazing down on your sun roof... Only to feel ilke it's a very overcast day... WOW!!! No really...WOW!!!

The cabin cools so much quicker meaning that it is... actually noticable!

Paul
The ceramic tint makes such a difference in arizona

FIRST MONTH.....

1. Getting use to having such a much bigger/larger vehicle...

2. Still getting Bitched at by my LC for not looking at the road... while trying to figure the Control panel... and Do... I still like my settings? ... My Bad!!!

3. Took the LC off road..... Barely off road!!!
Wanted to check out a resort (Castle Hot Springs) about 45min from my house that cost $1200.00 A NIGHT... In the Summer.... and It's over $2250 in the Winter.... Crazy!!!

The road was Washed Boarded like Hell.... (BUT NOT in the PICTURE BELOW)... just the long straight faster areas.... Think about all the staff driving back and forth daily to work... all on dirt roads!!!

Anyway.... It felt like the weight of the LC along with the suspension... Made the ride smooth... Like a large boat pushing down the smaller waves... It just felt like the weight of the LC... made things smoother? That's crazy... but that's how it felt?

20240831_150639[1].jpg

FIRST MONTH.....

1. Getting use to having such a much bigger/larger vehicle...

2. Still getting Bitched at by my LC for not looking at the road... while trying to figure the Control panel... and Do... I still like my settings? ... My Bad!!!

3. Took the LC off road..... Barely off road!!!
Wanted to check out a resort (Castle Hot Springs) about 45min from my house that cost $1200.00 A NIGHT... In the Summer.... and It's over $2250 in the Winter.... Crazy!!!

The road was Washed Boarded like Hell.... (BUT NOT in the PICTURE BELOW)... just the long straight faster areas.... Think about all the staff driving back and forth daily to work... all on dirt roads!!!

Anyway.... It felt like the weight of the LC along with the suspension... Made the ride smooth... Like a large boat pushing down the smaller waves... It just felt like the weight of the LC... made things smoother? That's crazy... but That's how it felt?

View attachment 10769
Castle hot springs?

Last edited:
Back