First Edition impressions after first 1000 miles.

steveinfrisco

📛 Founding Member
Jun 30, 2024
Media
Frisco TX
Vehicles
2024 Toyota Land Cruiser
Pros:

On road handling and comfort for a heavy body on frame vehicle is superb.

Off road capability is impressive in most situations.

Full skid plates and rock rails are appreciated off road.

Plenty of power and torque from the 2.4L Turbo Hybrid Engine.

Fit and finish is very good.

Cons:

Fuel economy still below 19 MPG. Would love to see 23 MPG.

Small gas tank limits range. Better MPG would help as well here.

Not enough storage options up front. Cool box reduces console space. Owners manuals consume majority of glove box.

Larger tires and an extra inch of ground clearance would improve off road obstacle clearance.

Overall, I am very happy with my First Edition LC and can remedy most of the cons with upgrades with the exception of the fuel economy.

What are your impressions?

Just needs a larger fuel tank.

I have been cross referencing Lexus GX550 part numbers for filler necks etc to see if they’re the same as the Land Cruiser. Maybe all guy needs is the GX550 fuel tank itself? Everything else might just fit right in. Part numbers are all similar if only a few digits off, and the GX and LC share everything frame and body wise aside from front and rear sheet metal.

I also found this:

IMG_0406.jpeg

Toyota just has to be screwing with us.

Someone order this and see if it actually exists.

Just needs a larger fuel tank.

I have been cross referencing Lexus GX550 part numbers for filler necks etc to see if they’re the same as the Land Cruiser. Maybe all guy needs is the GX550 fuel tank itself? Everything else might just fit right in. Part numbers are all similar if only a few digits off, and the GX and LC share everything frame and body wise aside from front and rear sheet metal.

I also found this:

View attachment 8945

Toyota just has to be screwing with us.

Someone order this and see if it actually exists.

Exists:

😅

Back