Dash Camera

jackd

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 2, 2024
Stowe VT
Vehicles
2024 LC FE
Has anyone removed the dash camera? It is in my field of vision. Can I move it to the passenger side?

Does First Edition come with dash camera as standard equipment ?

My camera came from the factory. It was in the vehicle before the dealer touched it. I was able to see the truck right after it was unloaded, and it was there.

My camera came from the factory. It was in the vehicle before the dealer touched it. I was able to see the truck right after it was unloaded, and it was there.
Itโ€™s a port installed option and the dealer can request it is added or removed prior to arriving at port.

Thank you good to know my dealer can install later he likes to use a smaller unit my replacement rims with a 40+ off set and open country 275/75/18 have been ordered plus Westcott front lift. Now to do some thing different with the stock rock rails that just do not look right with the lines of this great Looking LC.

Thank you good to know my dealer can install later he likes to use a smaller unit my replacement rims with a 40+ off set and open country 275/75/18 have been ordered plus Westcott front lift. Now to do some thing different with the stock rock rails that just do not look right with the lines of this great Looking LC.
I'll have to agree about the rock rails, they look just a little off IMO.

Is the Toyota dash cam any good or should I get a Blackvue?

Is the dashcam any good? Well, it does the job okay and is easy to use. You can certainly get better ones for the same cost plus installation. I find it adequate for my needs and like that it just works without fanfare. There are a couple of useful features: press the Action button to protect a 20-second clip, and it will turn on when parked under some circumstances.

I'm not a fan of the Toyota dashcam. It's huge for starters and blocks out too much of the driver visibility. A GoPro would be a better option. To stream to your phone it requires a Toyota app that has pretty lousy ratings and in spite of using the app I have not yet been able to open and view the images on my iPhone - I can see a bunch of thumbnails but the images themselves just spin and never open. Looks like the default file format is heic and I switched my iPhone back to jpeg due to other compatibility (non-Toyota) issues. Could all just be user error but seems harder than it should be so far...

I'm not a fan of the Toyota dashcam. It's huge for starters and blocks out too much of the driver visibility. A GoPro would be a better option. To stream to your phone it requires a Toyota app that has pretty lousy ratings and in spite of using the app I have not yet been able to open and view the images on my iPhone - I can see a bunch of thumbnails but the images themselves just spin and never open. Looks like the default file format is heic and I switched my iPhone back to jpeg due to other compatibility (non-Toyota) issues. Could all just be user error but seems harder than it should be so far...
Someone posted the Japanese Land Cruiser online catalog, and I ran it through Google Translate, and annoyingly it looks like in Japan there's an option to use the built in cameras instead! That would be so much nicer!

Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 3.37.08โ€ฏPM.png

Link to translated catalog: 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser 250 Web Catalog - Google Drive

So did you ever figure out how to remove it? I need to yank mine off before it goes in for tint. Maybe if I lived in the city I'd keep it, but for me, it's just a big block in my line of sight.

So did you ever figure out how to remove it? I need to yank mine off before it goes in for tint. Maybe if I lived in the city I'd keep it, but for me, it's just a big block in my line of sight.
Someone posted instructions in this forum, a simple search should find them. Also, there was a thread on another forum ih8mud that had the instructions.

Back