Check your tire pressure!!!

Buckfever

📛 Founding Member
Apr 12, 2024
Media
Lake County, IL
Vehicles
Porsche Macan GTS
So all this time I've been running at 46-48 PSI since I picked up the vehicle and it never occurred to me to check what it should be. But the tires were just so floaty and seemed to have so much roll I just went and ordered KO3's figuring the stock tires on the FE just suck. Well since I ordered the KO3's I started checking about tire pressure and came across some threads here that pointed out that the tires were coming over inflated from the factory for transport.

I just lowered the pressure to 38-39 and now I'm throwing this thing around like it's a sports car.

My michelin ltx’s were high 40’s and manual calls for 31 33 psi. Drove so much better when i dropped down to 33. My spare is still at 55 psi lol

Last edited:
My spare is at 52. My door sticker says 33 psi. It's been 7 years since my 4Runner, so out of touch with all things truck.

My spare is at 52. My door sticker says 33 psi. It's been 7 years since my 4Runner, so out of touch with all things truck.
I hear you ...this is my 1st vehicle with tire pressure sensors and I selected that gauge for one of my multi-information display screens. Pressure shown matches my cheapo tire gauge. Looks like my spare is super inflated too!

Attachments

• 20240924_163902.jpg
    20240924_163902.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Alright so this is probably a dumb question. I put 35x12.5 on my LC. Should I keep using the recommend PSI on the door jam?

Instead of 33 per window sticker, you can have up to 37-38psi because of bigger/heavier tires. Dealer recommended to me after I got the tire presure warning light lit up on the panel with 44psi for 3 weeks after ko3 installed. 38 psi helps soften driving/ floating

From the guys that I have talked to when going to an all season off road tire, they mostly run them about 5 over the sticker. Not 15 over where i was running the LTX trail.

Words can not describe how stupid I feel right now. This thing is so freaking stable now. 84 on the highway no problem. Only thing is I want to drive it like I stole it now.

I also made a post about this when I first picked mine up. Seems to be a very common thing.

Dealership had mine at 50 and never adjusted properly. Drove it back almost 300 miles at 50psi. Ugh

Amen. I checked our new Land Cruiser this morning. 40lbs at each corner. I lowered them to 35. I won't be driving it very often so I left a little extra. Very noticeable improvement. No surprise. The dealer did the same thing with my Audi S5.

Seems a lot of dealers are missing this step on the PDI. The tires come pumped up for shipping because they’re strapping the trucks down and fully compressing the suspension.

If you’ve gone to a heavier load range tire than stock please do not follow the door card anymore. I have Load range E KO3’s and I was told by BGF to run them between 45-50psi. Running them sub 40 you’re putting too much heat into those sidewalls and risking premature failure.

Mine came with 55psi and it floated. Much better now, wish I hadn't figured it out and had gotten KO3's out of the mixup

So all this time I've been running at 46-48 PSI since I picked up the vehicle and it never occurred to me to check what it should be. But the tires were just so floaty and seemed to have so much roll I just went and ordered KO3's figuring the stock tires on the FE just suck. Well since I ordered the KO3's I started checking about tire pressure and came across some threads here that pointed out that the tires were coming over inflated from the factory for transport.

I just lowered the pressure to 38-39 and now I'm throwing this thing around like it's a sports car.
It’s absurd how high they come from the factory. I actually dropped mine to 30psi cold after getting falken wildpeaks 275/60/20 to improve the ride quality.

Back