Check your tire pressure!!!

Buckfever

📛 Founding Member
Apr 12, 2024
Media
Lake County, IL
Vehicles
Porsche Macan GTS
So all this time I've been running at 46-48 PSI since I picked up the vehicle and it never occurred to me to check what it should be. But the tires were just so floaty and seemed to have so much roll I just went and ordered KO3's figuring the stock tires on the FE just suck. Well since I ordered the KO3's I started checking about tire pressure and came across some threads here that pointed out that the tires were coming over inflated from the factory for transport.

I just lowered the pressure to 38-39 and now I'm throwing this thing around like it's a sports car.

My michelin ltx’s were high 40’s and manual calls for 31 33 psi. Drove so much better when i dropped down to 33. My spare is still at 55 psi lol

Last edited:
My spare is at 52. My door sticker says 33 psi. It's been 7 years since my 4Runner, so out of touch with all things truck.
I hear you ...this is my 1st vehicle with tire pressure sensors. I have that gauge on one of my multi-information display screens. Pressure shown matches my cheapo tire gauge. Looks like my spare is super inflated too!

Attachments

• 20240924_163902.jpg
    20240924_163902.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 14
Alright so this is probably a dumb question. I put 35x12.5 on my LC. Should I keep using the recommend PSI on the door jam?

Instead of 33 per window sticker, you can have up to 37-38psi because of bigger/heavier tires. Dealer recommended to me after I got the tire presure warning light lit up on the panel with 44psi for 3 weeks after ko3 installed. 38 psi helps soften driving/ floating

Back