Car Wash or DIY

Have any of you hand washers noticed that the LC locks the doors and folds the mirrors when the mirrors or doors come into contact with water? I have noticed it several times. Not sure if there is a setting that is causing this??
I only use hand wash and mine does this. I set the keys off to the side since this issue is not specific to the LC or Toyota/Lexus Brand and seems common with these new cars.

Have any of you hand washers noticed that the LC locks the doors and folds the mirrors when the mirrors or doors come into contact with water? I have noticed it several times. Not sure if there is a setting that is causing this??
… my side mirrors have not folded in.
So maybe that’s a setting somewhere?
My doors do lock every time water hits door handle - but my 2019 LC did the same thing

… my side mirrors have not folded in.
So maybe that’s a setting somewhere?
My doors do lock every time water hits door handle - but my 2019 LC did the same thing
It's because you have the fob in your pocket and run your hand (or sponge or whatever) over the spot that locks the doors. I usually leave the fob in the garage while I'm washing it.

What is this ‘clay bar’, that you and others speak of?…
A clay bar is a lump of clay that is used before any type of protective coating is applied. It traps and removes any foreign particles etc.......... some people clay bar before each wax.

Back