Car Wash or DIY

Pressure washer at home when I've got extra time. Weekly Wand wash at the coin op most of the time. An occasional touchless automatic. It's my daily driver and as much as I will be on top of maintenance, the reality of its life will include bugs, bird crap and gravel roads. Not a garage queen!
Life does happen. I hand-washed and waxed mine yesterday after my road trip. Today - well a bird decided to take the biggest crap I've ever seen on the hood while I was at the driving range. Thats life!

I added a hot water spigot last winter as I got tired of cold driveway car/dog washes here in the PNW, so a hot pressure wash and a occasional touchless with the undercarriage spray to keep the road grime at a minimum.

Does anyone have a favorite off the shelf wash/wax? Also any recommendations for best spray wax or polish? Looking for quick and easy here -

I added a hot water spigot last winter as I got tired of cold driveway car/dog washes here in the PNW, so a hot pressure wash and a occasional touchless with the undercarriage spray to keep the road grime at a minimum.

Does anyone have a favorite off the shelf wash/wax? Also any recommendations for best spray wax or polish? Looking for quick and easy here -
Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Pro Flex Wax (Graphene). I use graphene coatings on my vehicles, but I use the TW on my boat. Long lasting and easy to apply.

1723556588776.png

I use Adam’s mega foam. I pre soak then rinse then spray down again and hand wash. I ceramic coated my ride so it makes it easier. But , Adam’s new line of spray wax is very good. I think 1 minute wax. You spray on while car is wet and can either wipe off or rinse off. It works well for a a month or so.

Today - well a bird decided to take the biggest crap I've ever seen on the hood while I was at the driving range. Thats life!
I would get that bird crap off as soon as possible. The uric acid is not good for the paint on any vehicle.

I would get that bird crap off as soon as possible. The uric acid is not good for the paint on any vehicle.
I did as soon as I got home. Just a pain in the ass since I spent a good amount of my Sunday evening washing and waxing by hand. Came off easily since the paint was slick from the wax.

I use Turtle wax hybrid solutions car wash soap. It foams well in my foam cannon. My favorite spray wax at the moment is meguires quick wax, you spray and dry at the same time.

Polish is an abrasive used for paint correction which I doubt your LC needs at this point. I’ve done it on my other cars before by hand and frankly I’d just have a professional do it with a machine if/when my LC needs it eventually. It’s a process.

Alternate approach for the majority:

Take it to a touchless car wash that hand dries, if possible. Then drive home apply the appropriate Turtle wax product of your choice to the clean finish. Have the vehicle professionally waxed once or twice a year.

I believe ceramic coating are first and foremost a way for detailers to make money.

Back