Car Wash or DIY

You have to tilt your head to see them. I guess once you see them, you cannot unsee them so I’d like to try to take care of them. On my next detail.
I ordered this Griots Garage polisher kit prior to my LC arriving. G8 & G9 Ceramic Kit
When I got my LC home from the dealer I noticed scuffs on the hood in the clear coat where the protective white transportation film had been. I was annoyed and thought about calling the dealer but they are 2 1/2 hours away. I could have taken it to one of the local Toyota dealers I'm sure but decided to use the polishers to see if they would be less hassle. They are super easy to use and the polishing compound included in this kit buffed them right out. Still waiting to apply the ceramic spray but if you read reviews, it's much easier to apply than a traditional ceramic coating (which I've done in the past DIY) and you can apply it 2 times a year to keep the coating up. A lot of the traditional ceramic coatings need to be topped periodically to keep their water beading/shedding properties so to me, the ease of application and maintenance was the deciding factor. You can order a clay bar towel to make the clay bar process even easier than using the clay putty. Worth a try if you're willing to do some of the work yourself. I find it relaxing and it's nice to be able to remove light pin striping / scratches in the clear coat yourself when it inevitably happens. Here is what I ordered. You can apply the code "shanks" for 10% off your order. I added a second bottle of the 3 in 1 Ceramic coating to have on hand and I also added the 5" orbital conversion kit as a lot of people prefer the 5" pad over the 6" pad. The smaller G9 has 3" pads which are helpful for getting into smaller spaces.
Screenshot 2024-09-23 at 1.40.04 PM.png

Last edited:
Everytime I visit this thread, that song from the 70’s pops into my head. And won’t leave me alone..

Back