Bumps, thumps, knocks...after turning off in driveway

LCOceans

📛 Founding Member
Aug 10, 2024
Virginia
Vehicles
Land Cruiser First Edition, 4Runner TRD Pro, Lexus GX470
Ok this sounds crazy, but does anyone else hear these noises randomly once you have turned the engine off and if you sit in your car for a minute or so? Tonight I was on phone so stayed in the LC for about 10 minutes to wrap up the call. There seemed to be strange knocking sounds from various locations - under the hood, in the back, tires maybe. I have no idea. It only lasts 10-20 seconds then all settles down.

Anyone else experience this?

This might be related to the hybrid electric break booster pump and other hybrid components.
On my previous toyota hybrid it was normal hearing such noises after I shutoff the car and right after I unlock the doors prior to starting the car.

This might be related to the hybrid electric break booster pump and other hybrid components.
On my previous toyota hybrid it was normal hearing such noises after I shutoff the car and right after I unlock the doors prior to starting the car.
Interesting. Thank you. I assumed something like this but was not sure. I just tell myself its a Land Cruiser - everything is OK.

I noticed the same thing, lots of extra noises a few minutes after shutting off the vehicle. Our '22 Rav4 hybrid does the same thing, just not quite as noticeable.

Back