BREAKING: Vehicle Ordering Guide - Canada

Do we have dealer markups or bs price hikes like in the US? Last time I bought my 4Runner in 2021 it was msrp so hopefully it’s the same with the Land Cruiser.

Do we have dealer markups or bs price hikes like in the US? Last time I bought my 4Runner in 2021, it was MSRP, so hopefully, it’s the same with the Land Cruiser.
There are no markups in Canada, but sometimes they will try and sell you some PPF or Ceramic coat.

Has anyone heard anything from any dealer. We are getting close to June. Hoping to have my hands on by mid June, but that is just wishful thinking at this point. Why is canada so slow?

Aside from the obvious well-documented package differences, anyone know yet if there are any unique Canadianisms in LCs destined for Canada?

For example:

1) Special FE mudflaps are listed as part of FE package, but Canada vehicle regs require mudflaps on vehicles, so we get "Mud guards" on all trim.

2) Different DRL behaviour

Any other things? Can't think of anything else as I post this.
From specs that I have seen on toyota canada website LC with premium and FE also comes with paddle shift but I have not seen that in any of the LC released in US. So does that apply only to canada?

Has anyone heard anything from any dealer. We are getting close to June. Hoping to have my hands on by mid June, but that is just wishful thinking at this point. Why is Canada so slow?
I emailed my dealer last weekend asking if my order had at least been acknowledged by Toyota Canada and/or if they've received any allocation confirmations yet. Not so much as a reply. So I sent an online enquiry to another dealer who responded within an hour. When I asked about waiting lists, timelines, allocations etc., he fell radio silent and did not even respond.

WTAF???

I emailed my dealer last weekend asking if my order had at least been acknowledged by Toyota Canada and/or if they've received any allocation confirmations yet. Not so much as a reply. So I sent an online enquiry to another dealer who responded within an hour. When I asked about waiting lists, timelines, allocations etc., he fell radio silent and did not even respond.

WTAF???
Nothing but the sound of crickets from my dealership as well. I think they've been muzzled by the mother ship. The disdain for the Canadian market is palpable. How dare we only have 10 percent of the population of our southern neighbours.

I have good relationship with my dealer. I offered him a deposit but he said not required from me.
I wish I had the same relationship I used to. I've bought 3 Toyota's directly from the Sales Manager at my dealer at fleet pricing. He's no longer there, so I'm dealing with a stranger now.

Back