Battery tender connection

mikp

📛 Founding Member
Jul 3, 2024
Media
exton pa
Vehicles
amg gts porsche 911 e450 wagon miata
I was wondering if there is a remote 12v connection for positive and ground in a more accessible place such as the engine bay to attach a battery tender for the 12V battery?

I regularly use a BT on my vehicles. I checked the LC just yesterday and did not see an easy way to use a BT attached under the hood. Maybe a direct battery connection would work? But that means cord through door/window.

I regularly use a BT on my vehicles. I checked the LC just yesterday and did not see an easy way to use a BT attached under the hood. Maybe a direct battery connection would work? But that means cord through door/window.
There’s a 12v hot post in the engine fuse box that has plate to clip a battery tender to, as well as a 10mm nut you can use to attach one if you wanted. If you pop off the cover, there is a diagram on inside of it detailing where it is.

Will this makes it a PHEV? :ROFLMAO:

does this even make sense? How long will your vehicle be sitting? what is the connection between the hybrid battery and the 12v? I'm seriously wondering if there really is a practical need for a battery tender?

There’s a 12v hot post in the engine fuse box that has plate to clip a battery tender to, as well as a 10mm nut you can use to attach one if you wanted. If you pop off the cover, there is a diagram on inside of it detailing where it is.
Thank you. Is this the drivers side fuse box as there seems to be two?

Page 622

Attachments

• IMG_0312.jpeg
    IMG_0312.jpeg
    241.1 KB · Views: 103
I use BTs on just about everything, except the 08 Taco. It doesn't have any doo-dads to discharge the battery, that rascal started 2nd key twist after setting idle for 8 months.

So now I'm curious if the LC's hybrid battery is disconnected from the 12v system with the key "off" or if it keeps the 12v topped off..........

I hooked up the BT yesterday and it took about 20 minutes until I got the solid green charged light. A BT under the hood is not very practical.
The 12V plug on the AC control panel at the back seat is not hot when the vehicle is not running.
However, BT does sell a OBD port plug to charge the battery; as long as the trickle current is under 3 amps.
It would be possible to charge through the trailer plug, if the plug is “hot” when the vehicle is not running.

I hooked up the BT yesterday and it took about 20 minutes until I got the solid green charged light. A BT under the hood is not very practical.
The 12V plug on the AC control panel at the back seat is not hot when the vehicle is not running.
However, BT does sell a OBD port plug to charge the battery; as long as the trickle current is under 3 amps.
It would be possible to charge through the trailer plug, if the plug is “hot” when the vehicle is not running.
Actually 20 mins not too bad, it takes my Mercedes 30-40

Back