Barks Like A Seal

Colorado

📛 Founding Member
Jun 24, 2024
Media
Lone Tree, Colorado
Vehicles
2024 Toyota Land Cruiser
Every once in a while, I'll be standiing near (or walking past) my LC in the garage and it'll emit a sound like a seal bark. It's not too loud or frequent, and it's always just one bark-like grunt. Does anyone else's LC do that? Anyone know why it does that?

Reactions: LC3
I do notice that, on occasion, after I shut the truck off that it makes some odd sounds within 5 minutes or so, I woudn't necessarily describe them as a seal bark, but strange nonetheless.

It lets out a little toot after it thinks everyone is gone.
Thats what I was thinking. Reminds me of my old land rover. After parked in the garage for a minute it would release little puffs of air from the suspension leveling out. Little doom farts to remind you that you are running on air only.....

Holy crap I finally heard it! Had to laugh out loud remembering this post. Grocery store run and then home, took 3 trips from garage to kitchen for all the bags. Then close the tailgate and go inside. About 2 minutes later went back out to garage and heard this squeal coming out of the truck. Was funny as hell, WTF, like I just stepped on on dog's paw (accidentally of course!) squeal. Seemed to be coming from the rear somewhere.

I don't about "seal" but definitely a bark. I kept meaning to make this post -- I've never heard anything like it from a vehicle.

Parking brake goes on right after it goes on P and ignition off, that is an easy audible. This is something else, or the P-brake is releasing. We have Great Pyrs, so to me it doesn't sound like a bark at all.

Back