Apple CarPlay/Android Auto

The cameras in the mirrors/front/rear. Parking and getting close to things, the cameras are great.
On my 22 Tundra, there's a setting to have the cameras come on automatically under 7mph. Does that exist in the LC?

On my 22 Tundra, there's a setting to have the cameras come on automatically under 7mph. Does that exist in the LC?
yes, there is a dedicated button to turn it on. If you get close to something, (bushes/cars/etc) it will come on automatically.

I'll have to play with it because I've been using both Carplay and Toyota's built in navigation. I want to say Carplay also puts the turn arrows in the drivers display and HUD. Toyota's definitely does.
It does? I've only tried the native Toyota nav once, just to see if turns would show up in the HUD and they didn't. Is there a setting for this?

Android Auto/Google Maps will show on the infotainment and the gauge cluster, but not the HUD.

Android Auto/Google Maps will show on the infotainment and the gauge cluster, but not the HUD.
Really? That sucks. I use Apple and Carplay shows on the HUD. I usually use apple map though so I'll have to try using Google Maps on Carplay and see if that works.

Really? That sucks. I use Apple and Carplay shows on the HUD. I usually use apple map though so I'll have to try using Google Maps on Carplay and see if that works.
Yeah, I'm a little bummed about it. I might try using the built-in but otherwise I'll live.

ive had no issue with Apple Maps showing on the HUD, google maps doesn’t work at all but that makes sense because apple doesn’t expose those vehicle connected APIs to third party developers.

They can display on the head unit, but the Speedo display and heads up display are limited to Toyota or first party apps.

ive had no issue with Apple Maps showing on the HUD, google maps doesn’t work at all but that makes sense because apple doesn’t expose those vehicle connected APIs to third party developers.

They can display on the head unit, but the Speedo display and heads up display are limited to Toyota or first party apps.
Unfortunate that Android doesn't seem to have any map options that will display in the HUD

Reading through the owners manual I think I know the answer to this but can anyone who has a Land Cruiser confirm if Apple CarPlay/Android Auto navigation only shows on the center console screen and not in the multi information display area behind the steering wheel? I'm guessing only the Toyota map/navigation information will transfer over to this area and the Head Up Display screen? Would be a pleasant surprise if Apple Maps info transferred over to the head up display but I'm sure this is wishful thinking... Would be awesome if Toyota allowed backward compatibility with the next gen Apple CarPlay...
I have an iPhone with CarPlay and when I use apple maps, the directions (which way to turn and distance to turn) show up on both my console behind the steering wheel and in the HUD.

Back