A fresh one!

FJimbo

📛 Founding Member
Aug 16, 2024
So.Cal
Vehicles
Landcruiser 1958
I just picked up my 1958. I put 100 miles on it today, mainly driving the Angeles Crest Highway above L.A. Very comfy, cruisey, in sport mode on the twisty mountain roads. It ain't no Lotus Elan around the corners, but it's not designed to be, right? My girl and I totally enjoyed the drive and it's fun getting to know the beast. In the past I have owned a FJ62 and I still have my '07 FJ Cruiser. The 1958 is a luxury barge compared to those workhorses, but, so far, I love them all! I'm looking forward to seeing the progression of mods, problems, accessories, etc, that the fans come up with! Cheers!

Way to go, and welcome to the forum! Take that rig out to the S. Cal desert! Also owned an FJ62, and it was as tough as nails, albeit not a freeway cruiser.

Heading down to San Onofre beach tomorrow...gotta sort out some racks soon to carry a couple of longboards on top. I'm not in love with either choice from Toyota. I can get my 9'6" inside, but it's not a pretty fit...but...! I get to show off the new rig to my mates!

Back