2025 Land Cruiser offering optional liftgate lighting 😑

As a former 5th gen 4Runner TRD Pro owner, I expect Toyota to add small new features with every model year. The TRD Pro got a front facing camera, adaptive cruise and a heated steering wheel over the last 4 years or so. Is it going to be enough to upgrade? Probably not, at least not anytime soon.

Disappointing how few improvements for a new year. I think all governed to not take away from the new 4Runner, which has a much broader offering. If only we had a close Lexus dealer, a GX would be my choice.

^^ MSRP apparently only went up by $500 (less than inflation), so I don't really care that it doesn't come with anything "new" for 2025 (I'm still waiting, mine will likely be a 2025).
The only real disappointment is the lack of a few items to make it more offroad ready out of the gate, such as tires.

There are two small tailgate lights in FE.
This is something that should be on ALL models, seriously.

img_7430-jpeg.13364

My LC trim premium has two lights in either side, like this.

Attachments

• IMG_7430.jpeg
    IMG_7430.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 103
img_7430-jpeg.13364

My LC trim premium has two lights in either side, like this.
The LC Premium has these LED cargo area lights. They work well.

My '22 4Runner Limited has liftgate lights integrated into the liftgate itself and do not light the cargo area at all. They quasi light the area beneath the tailgate. However, they are not LED, so they don't have much light coverage.

Yea- FE owner- I have the two tiny little lights that were displayed in above thread- as well as two small square lights on the actual tailgate when it raises.

Not sure if those attached so I’ll try again

Attachments

• IMG_9770.jpeg
    IMG_9770.jpeg
    182.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_9768.jpeg
    IMG_9768.jpeg
    357.3 KB · Views: 27
Back