2024 Land Cruiser Roof Rack by Prinsu

Prinsu vs Westcott...that is the question? Anyone have experience that would lend itself to some insight? From images they appear quite similar. My primary function would be to carry long ocean kayaks. I also prefer low profile (minimal height) to minimize wind noise and in consideration of fuel economy. Aesthetics are important to me and in this regard they appear well designed.

Prinsu vs Westcott...that is the question? Anyone have experience that would lend itself to some insight? From images they appear quite similar. My primary function would be to carry long ocean kayaks. I also prefer low profile (minimal height) to minimize wind noise and in consideration of fuel economy. Aesthetics are important to me and in this regard they appear well designed.
I had the Prinsu for about a month. Wasn't too crazy about the front profile with the large wind-shield but that most likely attributed to the minimal wind noise.

I now run the DV8 Off-Road rack (pictured below) which is similar in profile to Westcott. There is a bit more wind noise with it but they are working on adjusting the design. Should be available this Fall for purchase.

Also, my Prinsu is still for sale!
IMG_3428.jpeg

Last edited:
I had the Prinsu for about a month. Wasn't too crazy about the front profile with the large wind-shield but that most likely attributed to the minimal wind noise.

I now run the DV8 Off-Road rack (pictured below) which is similar in profile to Westcott. There is a bit more wind noise with it but they are working on adjusting the design. Should be available this Fall for purchase.

Also, my Prinsu is still for sale! View attachment 6909
DV8 looks sharp. Looking forward to hearing about how the new design plays out. Thank you.

I was comparing the two racks. Ultimately went with the Prinsu for the higher load rating. But I do like the Westcott design better because it sits more flush with the roof.

I just installed my Prinsu over the weekend. I had one on my LX570 for several years and couldn't have been happier and the main reason I went with the Prinsu again. I'll get some pictures posted later but mine ended up relatively flush. Not sure I would want it any closer in case it got bumped and flexed a bit. It's VERY strong so I doubt it would flex but I always like a bit of safety margin. Also, it's easier to get a strap between the truck and rack if you need to do so.

Also, really like the fact that they supplied EVERYTHING needed except tools. This included the rack itself of course but also the RTV sealant and threadlocker.

Morning, Prinsu rack was delivered and installed yesterday. Very easy installation; hardest part was getting the old rack off! Looking forward to throwing the tent on top and head out for some adventures!

Screenshot 2024-08-13 090428.jpg

Also, my Prinsu is still for sale! View attachment 6909
I like the profile much better on the DV8

Morning, Prinsu rack was delivered and installed yesterday. Very easy installation; hardest part was getting the old rack off! Looking forward to throwing the tent on top and head out for some adventures!

View attachment 7920
Nicely done. Looks good. I wonder if you would be willing to write back in a month or so and let us know what changes you see in fuel consumption/avg mph?

I just noticed your bike "carrier" set up also. I'm sorting out somethign similar myself. One of the reasons I got rid of my truck for the LC was to keep my bike inside on longer trips.

Back