2024 FE left wheel squealing in specific situations

Darn - I was hoping that was the issue. They serviced all my brakes today. I turned the auto parking brake back on to see if the squeal returns tomorrow morning.
Specifically, what did they do, when they ‘serviced all your brakes’ today?

Specifically, what did they do, when they ‘serviced all your brakes’ today?
Hi - sorry for the delay in responding. The service appointment record only says "Serviced rear brakes at this time. No visual signs of parts rubbing causing squeal. If squeal still present in the morning after rear brake service recommend having vehicle stay over night to be able to duplicate concern".

The appointment took about 45 minutes and that included a test drive so I don't think it was too intensive. The appointment was Monday - I reversed out Tuesday and Wednesday morning. There was one small squeal on Tuesday and nothing on Wednesday.

I don't know if the cleaning/servicing solved the issue but it seemed to help in the short-term. I will post again if the squeal comes back.

My LC is still doing it, this morning it was extremely loud backing out of my driveway.
Had service today and like others mentioned, they were not able to help at all. I have an appointment to leave the car overnight later this week so they can try and replicate it, but honestly I'm not that hopeful.

This is my only issue so far with the LC but it almost makes me not want to drive it with how embarrassing the sound is. Maybe I'll try some rock crawling in reverse next time.

I just noticed this for the first time this morning when backing out of my garage. Parked the car the previous evening after driving on wet roads during a light rain. The noise appeared to come from the rear of the vehicle when I gently applied the brakes.

The noise started while the car was backing straight up (i.e., wheel wasn’t turned in either direction) and worsened for a second or two when I turned the wheel to the left. It hasn’t occurred again today after several other instances that I’ve put the car in reverse and backed up.

We need a poll as to how many members this has happened to. But that’s too high tech for me.
I have sme problem 1st thing backing up. Took it in 4 1st oil change last week dealer could not replicate. Now where have I heard that before?

Are we talking about brake squeal here or something else?
Surely everyone knows what a squeaky brake sounds like, right??
I ask, because I had an intermittent AWFUL sounding harmonic scraping sound going on. I pulled off the front wheels and inspected the brakes and everything else. I pulled my dust shields back from the rotors to give a little more room (the noise sounded like a rock between the dust shield and rotor to me) and I have not heard the sound again. Not sure if I found the source of the sound yet, or not…

Are we talking about brake squeal here or something else?
Surely everyone knows what a squeaky brake sounds like, right??
I ask, because I had an intermittent AWFUL sounding harmonic scraping sound going on. I pulled off the front wheels and inspected the brakes and everything else. I pulled my dust shields back from the rotors to give a little more room (the noise sounded like a rock between the dust shield and rotor to me) and I have not heard the sound again. Not sure if I found the source of the sound yet, or not…
OP here. I have now taken it to the dealership twice and the first time, they thought that maybe it was the dust shields. So they clean those and the sound came back. Then they replaced the brake pads and it disappeared for a while, but then came back. I was pulling out of the garage this morning, and my wife was standing nearby, and we both clearly heard the squeal. Unfortunately, this not seem to be a brake issue in and of itself.

OP here. I have now taken it to the dealership twice and the first time, they thought that maybe it was the dust shields. So they clean those and the sound came back. Then they replaced the brake pads and it disappeared for a while, but then came back. I was pulling out of the garage this morning, and my wife was standing nearby, and we both clearly heard the squeal. Unfortunately, this not seem to be a brake issue in and of itself.
In reverse - beginning of the day - sounds like brake squeal to me

In reverse - beginning of the day - sounds like brake squeal to me
Yeah, in retrospect, maybe my comment was not clear. The squeal clearly happens when you apply pressure to the brake. But all of the typical things they do to try to remedy brake squeal do not seem to work.

Back