1958 - 275 70 R18 change in mpg

How in the world are you guys getting 22+ with any tire? I'm running 16-18, most, with stock tires on FE. Maybe summer hurts with the AC blaring, but the only time I see 20+ is downhill for a long period of time.

That'll be a tough one to find as the stock Michelin LTX Trail is only 37 lbs.
The two C load tires I found in 265/70r18 or 42 and 44 lbs.
There is a stock size 32.6" SL load Toyo Open Country A/T III that is 44 lbs.
The only 33x11.5 tire I can find is Nitto Recon Grappler but it's an E load and weighs 56 lbs. Almost 20 pounds more than stock tire.
I know.. the stock tire being so light (relatively) makes this not a realistic goal. I'd like to minimize the rotational weight gain. It would seem that C load tires would be good enough for the majority of my off roading.

I know.. the stock tire being so light (relatively) makes this not a realistic goal. I'd like to minimize the rotational weight gain. It would seem that C load tires would be good enough for the majority of my off roading.
Yes, I don't think I'll ever be rock crawling with my new FE. If I wanted to pound on something I'd get a Wrangler or Bronco. I like that you can fit a 285/70r18 with stock suspension with a +40ish offset and have no rubbing issues. The amount of surgery required just to get 285/70r17s on my 4Runner was ridiculous. Body mount cut and trimming. I don't want to hack this truck up like the last one.

Back