12 volt battery is important!-maybe an issue summary for error messages?

… I haven't been myself lately since that 90 mph impact joggled my cranial cavity.
I think all the air leaked out, so I need to recharge after I find the hole and plug it.
Hope you feel better soon!!

Do we know what type of battery the 12 volt battery is? Flooded Lead acid, AGM, Gel, lithium?….

Hopefully LC's won't need to go down this route, but a lot of pure EV's out there carry around a jump pack in their frunk to jumpstart the 12v when/if it dies. Seems crazy that they die in a car with a much larger traction battery, but the charging logic of a lot of these cars limits the number of times the 'big' battery can top off the 'little' battery while they are parked. Once it hits the limit, you're done. It assumes there is something wrong with the 12v battery. There is no way in most of these cars to 'jump' from the big battery to the 12v.

I've found in both of the EV's I've owned that putting in an AGM battery mitigated these issues as the AGM is much more tolerant of the voltage swings. My wife's EV6 has a jump pack in the frunk, but thankfully hasn't had to use it!

Well dangit, since flooded lead/acid batteries take a different charge profile than an AGM, I guess I won’t be replacing the stock battery with an AGM.
I've never had an issue with going to an AGM in other vehicles I've owned.

Back