Will Toyota keep offering the 1958 edition?

Doomed

📛 Founding Member
Oct 14, 2023
Nebraska
The base model tends to be the lowest selling version in model lines. Sometimes they are dropped after a short run, maybe a few model years. If the Land Cruiser sells well they are bound to offer more trim levels. I think the 1958 is the “loss leader” as most people will see the low price but leave in a Land Cruisers trim.

Last edited:
With the announcement of the 2025 4Runner, it is going to be interesting to see if the demand for the LC wanes a bit, and especially the 1958 trim level.

Oh yeah, the 4Runner will be a contender for sure. Not for me as I was able to lock down a 1958 at MSRP written up in a contract. I love the bare-bones 1958 and think if I don't do it now it might be gone.

Oh yeah, the 4Runner will be a contender for sure. Not for me as I was able to lock down a 1958 at MSRP written up in a contract. I love the bare-bones 1958 and think if I don't do it now it might be gone.
From the signature line of one on another forum: Strike while the iron is hot. Live each day as though it's your last, and one day you will be right.

From the signature line of one on another forum: Strike while the iron is hot. Live each day as though it's your last, and one day you will be right.
At age 82, this is 100% applicable, and thanks for the reminder! A Land Cruiser is in our immediate future! Hopefully I have a few more years to scour the desert...

I hope the 1958 stays around. I would buy one if they made a 1958 Off Road Pkg with the 360 Camera, Stabilizer disconnect and optional Moonroof. So I have to bump up to the LC model with a Moonroof. And while I'm at it, Toyota needs to upgrade the front camera. I could drive my Bronco over 60 mph in 4H (in designated high speed areas) and it still stayed on. Rear passengers loved it.

Life is too short to have never owned a Land Cruiser. Been trying for years just never could connect on one. Thank you Nuke and bluebullet for the good words and encouragement. This is shaping up to be a good forum!

I think the 1958 trim will stick around for a few years, if only so Toyota can market the Land Cruiser as starting at the low price of $5X,XXX!

Life is too short to have never owned a Land Cruiser. Been trying for years just never could connect on one. Thank you Nuke and bluebullet for the good words and encouragement. This is shaping up to be a good forum!
Life is too short to have never (insert here). Whatever your passion is do it now while you can. 15 months ago an uncle who spent his whole life talking about what he was going to do passed away having done none of them. Money wasn't the issue, I ended up with half of it. The income from that is paying for my Land Cruiser. The FE I ordered didn't arrive in time so I am waiting. Until then I am following the Rolling Stones tour and spending a month in Europe. There will be an LC when I get back in July. Good luck with yours.

Life is too short to have never (insert here). Whatever your passion is do it now while you can. 15 months ago an uncle who spent his whole life talking about what he was going to do passed away having done none of them. Money wasn't the issue, I ended up with half of it. The income from that is paying for my Land Cruiser. The FE I ordered didn't arrive in time so I am waiting. Until then I am following the Rolling Stones tour and spending a month in Europe. There will be an LC when I get back in July. Good luck with yours.
Enjoy chasing that Moonlight Mile!

i'm going to believe it will remain...here's my thought...

this platform will receive aftermarket support unlike any other LC previously and that means people will want an "entry level" rig they can build the way they want it.

there are two kinds of LC owners...those who want all the bells and whistles from the factory and those who are minimalists and want to drive the shit out of it, not worry about leather, fancy cooling boxes and want to add as they go.

Be my first LC as well. Waiting on a Blue one, LC trim. JJ Walker RIP
MEDIA=youtube]xWn8M3_VXbo[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
I mean i could get a LC Trim but honestly round headlights plus saving that six G for racks tires rims tint seat covers is important ....I personally cant add thousands to a LC trim and then feel comfortable going hunting in it ...

It comes with these tires.:

They know most people will use it for highway, school and Costco.... :rolleyes:
I would prefer these ones from the factory:

Yup the G015's are good tires. Have them on my Frontier. They are great in snow and quiet on the road.

Back