Who is paying over MSRP?

Within 45 minutes of that dealer there are 4 dealers charging MSRP that had first editions available as late as last week.

I bought my taco at koons in 2020 for MSRP. No idea when they lost their mind.
Not sure why, but there are no longer any land cruisers listed on Koons’s website. They are listed in Toyotas inventory, but not on the local dealers website.

One of the local dealers has quite a few in transit, only one Trail Dust and that one is sold. There are a few sold, mostly the First Editions, but some of the First Editions are still available. I'm wondering abut the availability of the Trail Dust. Lots of Black.

Regardless of distribution point (Gulf Sates, SET and TMNA) All Dealers are getting 1 first edition to start and then will be allocated more based on 4runner/Tacoma (50%/50%)turn and earn. Gulf States and SET are always behind TMNA when it comes to releasing them since they are distributors and not BIG Toyota.

Looks like $500-1000 under msrp. That’s great for them to do it. Lucky for the NM buyers. Hope more dealers are doing it soon.

Look at this, wild wild west. Dealer in Texas . one Landcruiser2.4 iForce Max available

"Premium Options & Packages​

Cloth 3rd Row Seat
Adaptive Cruise Control
12.3-in. Toyota Audio Multimedia touchscreen with 10-speaker audio system, wireless Android Auto™ & Apple CarPlay® compatibility, .............."

What If somebody order this car online ?

Look at this, wild wild west. Dealer in Texas . one Landcruiser2.4 iForce Max available

Cloth 3rd Row Seat
Adaptive Cruise Control
12.3-in. Toyota Audio Multimedia touchscreen with 10-speaker audio system, wireless Android Auto™ & Apple CarPlay® compatibility, .............."

They don’t have a 3rd row seat

Cloth 3rd Row Seat
Adaptive Cruise Control

Hybrid has a battery where the third row would be. So unless they got their hands on a diesel from the european market...

Of course there is no 3rd row seats on the Landcruiser iForce Max. They do not have a car to show. If somebody will order online BECAUSE it is a 3 Row SUV what will happen ? Would they return the money and everybody's happy ? :unsure: Such "errors" are really hard to understand.

Another dealer by me is advertising a 1958 and "Not a penny over MSRP". I think it's going to take some patience depending on the market, but it seems like the tide is turning.

Just outside of Nashville,TN. Pretty much everything here is overpriced. I have a FE 2024 LC arriving around 5/10-5/20
It was well over msrp but all my LCs have been 20+yrs old - so I decided to bite the bullet. This will be my 5 one.
Same here…I’ve never actually bought a color, trim or packages myself. Always went with what was on the lot. My current is 20+, so I bit the bullet as well. Actually have two on deposit, at 4K over SRP. Whichever comes first!!

Visited a dealer in SoCal today with an FE in Heritage Blue. Their buyer fell out. Went so I could see the color in person. They bragged about not doing any markup - BUT they had added nearly $20K in dealer items. Pretty color... but hard pass.

Visited a dealer in SoCal today with an FE in Heritage Blue. Their buyer fell out. Went so I could see the color in person. They bragged about not doing any markup - BUT they had added nearly $20K in dealer items. Pretty color... but hard pass.
Good to hear. Thanks.

Good to hear. Thanks.
I’m curious what some of these dealer items are. I saw one dealer marking up a Nissan Z $15,000 for four wheel locks, free car washes for a year, and free maintenance for a year. You get free maintenance for a year when you buy the car and wheel locks are $100. $15,000 just really made me laugh for free car washes for a year.

I’m curious what some of these dealer items are. I saw one dealer marking up a Nissan Z $15,000 for four wheel locks, free car washes for a year, and free maintenance for a year. You get free maintenance for a year when you buy the car and wheel locks are $100. $15,000 just really made me laugh for free car washes for a year.
“Ceramic” paint treatment; window tint (couldn’t tell); oversized off-road tires (I think they alone were over $9k) and some other stuff. Should have snapped a picture. Sorry

“Ceramic” paint treatment; window tint (couldn’t tell); oversized off-road tires (I think they alone were over $9k) and some other stuff. Should have snapped a picture. Sorry
Curious what they are calling a ceramic paint tx ? Is a true ceramic coating if so that’s a $1000-1500 value

Curious what they are calling a ceramic paint tx ? Is a true ceramic coating if so that’s a $1000-1500 value
That was part of a $20,000 markup. Along with tint and tires. Major dealer ripoff. No wonder they are call Stealerships.

Another dealer by me is advertising a 1958 and "Not a penny over MSRP". I think it's going to take some patience depending on the market, but it seems like the tide is turning.
Nice! Seeing some in SoCal at msrp, $500 over and $1500 over now on smartpath.

Back