Typical build from Gulf States

carpoor

📛 Founding Member
Feb 9, 2024
Austin, TX
Vehicles
2023 4Runner, 2022 Tacoma, 2023 GR Corolla, 2023 IS 350
After being absolute radio silence for weeks, I finally got a v-spec from one of the First Editions allocated to Gulf States Toyota region, in case you aren't familiar with it, it includes Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Luisiana.
I was mistaken earlier and surprised that Alabama is not gulf state, hence someone got an allocation earlier.

This is one of the most expensive builds, and very fortunately, GST is NOT putting on the OEM dashcam, very much relieved now.

No ETA yet, but my sales person gave me a crystal ball date of mid May of delivery to the dealership

IMG_2235.jpg

I've noticed them also adding 20" allow wheels to the "Land Cruiser" trim level! It's a $1200 dealer gouge that I don't even want! I plan to use for some off-roading and will switch this out if there's no choice or way to intercept it earlier. I asked my dealer about this and even though I'm #1 on a list at my smaller dealership, with a deposit paid last August here in a Gulf State region, he said that with the amount of demand they won't be modifying want their allocated.

Your dealer can modify the port installed options if he gets to it early enough. My allocation had virtually every port installed option and he took off the ones I didn’t want They tell you they can’t but that is bullshit.

I've noticed them also adding 20" allow wheels to the "Land Cruiser" trim level! It's a $1200 dealer gouge that I don't even want! I plan to use for some off-roading and will switch this out if there's no choice or way to intercept it earlier. I asked my dealer about this and even though I'm #1 on a list at my smaller dealership, with a deposit paid last August here in a Gulf State region, he said that with the amount of demand they won't be modifying want their allocated.
I think that's most likely the case, GST has gotten to the point that they would rather discount the vehicle instead of not loading it with all the BS add-ons.
Example: some of their Tundras loaded with TSS package (overpriced black wheels and badging) can be had for another $1.5k off compared to other trims.

My dealer finally got one FE after checking Toyota Inventory Search. Was told they are supposed to get allocations dropped tomorrow.

Eminent Ace vessel is due in port of Jacksonville around 4/22 or 4/23 so makes sense. Then it heads up to Newark by 4/25-4/26. East Coast should be seeing LCs on the ground very soon. After PIOs are added, probably delivery to dealerships first week of May or so.

Back