💸 LCF List: Dealers charging MSRP for the 2024+ Land Cruiser

Per a local window sticker, "Montana is full. I hear North Dakota is nice." Soon begins the flurry of activity.

Thought it would be a great idea to have an official list for people to post dealerships that are only charging MSRP for the 2024+ Land Cruiser. When a new vehicle comes out, and especially since Covid, a lot of dealers seem to be adding all kinds of crazy markup to popular vehicles. Well, that is certainly their prerogative, it is also ours to try to avoid them if possible.

If you know of a dealership taking orders and not looking to add ADM (additional dealer markup) - please post them up in this thread. Kudos to @bandit67 for the idea.
I like your idea!! There is strength in numbers and when dealerships charge above MSRP, it is a bit offensive. However, IF a person wants a First Edition Land Cruiser, they may choose to pay a premium, since there are only 5,000 of them being made. I focus more on getting the most out of my trade by selling it to a private party. I can easily make up a few thousand dollars by doing so. I want a First Edition. My 1999 Land Cruiser is still on the road, and I am willing to pay an additional $2,500 to get the one I have been offered. Anyone buying cars in this price range probably won’t see much change in their lives by paying a bit over MSRP. I never borrow money to buy a new car, and this purchase will be no different. I plan to keep my First Edition for the next 10 years. Heck, I probably will be too old to drive much after that time period. Good luck to everyone on this forum who is trying to land a Land Cruiser. They are going to be awesome.

Dahl is pretty small in comparison to the other dealers at least the Toyota group. They started across the River in La Crosse so pretty small market compared to the Cities. Supposedly Maplewood is the largest Toyota dealer in the State.

Thanks to this site I got on the Rochester Toyota list early, I am #2 on the list. MSRP with no markup. No deposit when I first called so I just called again and talked to them seeing how everyone else (except Dahl) you listed wants a $500 deposit. He said the way it works is once they get a LC allocated they will go down the list calling starting at the top with the specs of what they got allocated. If at that point I want it and Mr. #1 does not then they will take a $500 deposit to hold it. He said they have a pretty long list now.

10 years ago I wanted the Baja Tacoma when they first came out, there were 750 made that year. Looked on line checking inventory across the Country and they were sold out everywhere. After a couple weeks of banging my head against the wall drove to town (Rochester Toyota) and couldn't believe sitting on the showroom floor....

22522804884_0f3b4c7d91_b.jpg

Yes I tried to turn a Taco into my 77 FJ55 Iron Pig with the logo on the grill LOL.

Fingers crossed that lighting will strike twice. Taco only has 90K on it now so just getting broken in. Just spent a week in Northern Ontario and 3 weeks in the tip of the Arrowhead grouse hunting and running 2 tracks and moose trails in it last month. So don't need the LC but I want. Likely keep the Taco as well so I too will not have a trade in either.
Dahl Toyota has been awesome to work with in my experience. I worked with Joe Hicks on a new Land Cruiser and he has done an exemplary job of keeping me informed and responding to my questions. In the end, I was offered a FE from another dealer, but, I would buy from Joe and Dahl in a heartbeat.

Purchased from Capitol Toyota in Salem, OR at MSRP. First sheet of numbers had a few bogus packages on it but they didn't press when I asked to see terms without them listed.

For anyone near The Dallas, OR there is a Heritage Blue First Edition available. When you call ask for Mike. He sold us our Tacoma and is a real class act!

Back