💸 LCF List: Dealers charging MSRP for the 2024+ Land Cruiser

El Chorizo

Administrator
Staff member
📛 Founding Member
Jul 7, 2023
Austin, TX
Thought it would be a great idea to have an official list for people to post dealerships that are only charging MSRP for the 2024+ Land Cruiser. When a new vehicle comes out, and especially since Covid, a lot of dealers seem to be adding all kinds of crazy markup to popular vehicles. Well, that is certainly their prerogative, it is also ours to try to avoid them if possible.

If you know of a dealership taking orders and not looking to add ADM (additional dealer markup) - please post them up in this thread. Kudos to @bandit67 for the idea.

Longo Toyota in El Monte California is an MSRP dealership. Their waitlist is closed for the time being, but they're worth a plug because they pride themselves on being straightforward.

I saw this list for MSRP dealerships on the Corolla Forum when I was researching this topic.

Last edited:
Yeah, as FirstLC mentioned, there's some lists folks have put together some substantial listings of MSRP dealerships. I've seen them particularly in the Tacoma and 4Runner forums - can't comment on how current they are and how relevant they would be w/ the Land Cruiser but it would provide a lead for contact info for your particular state. As for my experience, after much thinking about it, I just jumped on a waitlist for a local dealership (Twin Cities, MN) and confirmed a few are MSRP only, with some notes. Adding waitlist deposit info as well:
  • Burnsville Toyota: MSRP (unless it's a "TRD Pro"-type trim (First Edition, I assume)) - $500 non-refundable deposit
  • St. Cloud Toyota: MSRP "expected" per sales rep - $500 refundable deposit
  • Dahl Toyota (Winona, MN): MSRP - $500 refundable deposit
    • This was an odd one - I was first quoted the above, then the sales rep came back and mentioned the sales manager declined my deposit offer due to no trade-in/finance and "it will be 2 or more years because we are lucky to get 2 (Land Cruisers) a year". They said it would be the same challenges getting the 4Runner post re-design (2025?).
  • Inver Grove Toyota: MSRP - $500 refundable deposit
  • Maplewood Toyota: MSRP - $500 refundable deposit
I'll say the consistent issue here, like what was mentioned regarding Dahl, is all the dealerships are forecasting getting maybe 2-3 Land Cruisers in 2024. How that will actually pan-out is anyone's guess but that was a consistent message I was hearing f/ everyone I spoke to. This will depend on allocations of course but Maplewood is probably one of the biggest dealerships in the metro and they were saying they'd likely see a maximum of 3 LCs. There are a couple west-side dealerships that may be a bit larger, but I can't imagine their allocations are significantly different.

Northern Utah market:
• Tony Divino (Riverdale, UT) they are estimating a $3k markup. No deposits taken to get on the list until the specs are released. Then $500 refundable.
• Bountiful Toyota (Bountiful, UT) estimated ~$3k markup. $500 refundable deposit, but you have to go in person to $ down. They said they might do a sweepstakes and give one away.
• Larry H Miller Toyota (Murry, UT): MSRP Dealer- $500 refundable deposit. ~80 people currently have deposits in.
• Mark Miller Toyota: (SLC, UT): MSRP Dealer Also told me that they don't do ANY add-on fees unless THE CUSTOMER adds options. - $500 refundable deposit. 160+ people currently have deposits down (They sell the most Toyota's in Utah and get the highest allocation).
• Brent Brown Toyota: (Orem, UT): Planning to markup the LandCruiser, no estimate yet. -$500 refundable deposit (30-40 people on their list).
• Karl Malone Toyota: (Draper, UT): Dealership is planning at least a $10k markup. $500 deposit. They said they get daily inquiries but so far have a short deposit list (I wonder why?)

I will also add my opinion that the dealers have NO idea what their allocation numbers will be yet. The ones that acted like they already know that the LC will be hard to get, also happen to be the ones that are adding a bunch of markup. They might come in low numbers, but they don't know yet. The MSRP dealership that had 160 deposits was the one that was the most optimistic about getting trucks to everyone on their list in the first 2 years or so.
It seems obvious to me, sell at MSRP and you will sell the most cars. Sell the most cars, and you will get the most allocation from Toyota, and the cycle repeats, business grows and grows. The profit a dealership will make on 160 cars sold at MSRP will be WAY more than the dealership that sells 2-3 with a $10k markup.

I am on the waiting list at Kalispell Toyota, no charge. When my name comes up, they notify me what's coming in. If I opt in they will take a $500 deposit; otherwise I stay in line for next shipment. Pretty certain they are MSRP dealer as they are in business for the long haul and profit. Markup dealers are snakes and likely not to survive during hard times. They asked for my preferences re trim level and color. I opted out on the 1958 edition with no color preference (I like the heritage blue/grey roof though.).

I’ve check with both Longo and One Toyota both in California as I’m located in So Ca fir reservation and deposit information. Both declined as wait list is already lengthy, so I’m venturing out to other states. Is Kalispell Toyota In Montana and if you got a good feel on their commitment? In additional, I believe all LC are so as California spec. Appreciate any additional information.

Yeah, as FirstLC mentioned, there's some lists folks have put together some substantial listings of MSRP dealerships. I've seen them particularly in the Tacoma and 4Runner forums - can't comment on how current they are and how relevant they would be w/ the Land Cruiser but it would provide a lead for contact info for your particular state. As for my experience, after much thinking about it, I just jumped on a waitlist for a local dealership (Twin Cities, MN) and confirmed a few are MSRP only, with some notes. Adding waitlist deposit info as well:
  • Burnsville Toyota: MSRP (unless it's a "TRD Pro"-type trim (First Edition, I assume)) - $500 non-refundable deposit
  • St. Cloud Toyota: MSRP "expected" per sales rep - $500 refundable deposit
  • Dahl Toyota (Winona, MN): MSRP - $500 refundable deposit
    • This was an odd one - I was first quoted the above, then the sales rep came back and mentioned the sales manager declined my deposit offer due to no trade-in/finance and "it will be 2 or more years because we are lucky to get 2 (Land Cruisers) a year". They said it would be the same challenges getting the 4Runner post re-design (2025?).
  • Inver Grove Toyota: MSRP - $500 refundable deposit
  • Maplewood Toyota: MSRP - $500 refundable deposit
I'll say the consistent issue here, like what was mentioned regarding Dahl, is all the dealerships are forecasting getting maybe 2-3 Land Cruisers in 2024. How that will actually pan-out is anyone's guess but that was a consistent message I was hearing f/ everyone I spoke to. This will depend on allocations of course but Maplewood is probably one of the biggest dealerships in the metro and they were saying they'd likely see a maximum of 3 LCs. There are a couple west-side dealerships that may be a bit larger, but I can't imagine their allocations are significantly different.

Dahl is pretty small in comparison to the other dealers at least the Toyota group. They started across the River in La Crosse so pretty small market compared to the Cities. Supposedly Maplewood is the largest Toyota dealer in the State.

Thanks to this site I got on the Rochester Toyota list early, I am #2 on the list. MSRP with no markup. No deposit when I first called so I just called again and talked to them seeing how everyone else (except Dahl) you listed wants a $500 deposit. He said the way it works is once they get a LC allocated they will go down the list calling starting at the top with the specs of what they got allocated. If at that point I want it and Mr. #1 does not then they will take a $500 deposit to hold it. He said they have a pretty long list now.

10 years ago I wanted the Baja Tacoma when they first came out, there were 750 made that year. Looked on line checking inventory across the Country and they were sold out everywhere. After a couple weeks of banging my head against the wall drove to town (Rochester Toyota) and couldn't believe sitting on the showroom floor....

22522804884_0f3b4c7d91_b.jpg

Yes I tried to turn a Taco into my 77 FJ55 Iron Pig with the logo on the grill LOL.

Fingers crossed that lighting will strike twice. Taco only has 90K on it now so just getting broken in. Just spent a week in Northern Ontario and 3 weeks in the tip of the Arrowhead grouse hunting and running 2 tracks and moose trails in it last month. So don't need the LC but I want. Likely keep the Taco as well so I too will not have a trade in either.

Dahl is pretty small in comparison to the other dealers at least the Toyota group. They started across the River in La Crosse so pretty small market compared to the Cities. Supposedly Maplewood is the largest Toyota dealer in the State.

Thanks to this site I got on the Rochester Toyota list early, I am #2 on the list. MSRP with no markup. No deposit when I first called so I just called again and talked to them seeing how everyone else (except Dahl) you listed wants a $500 deposit. He said the way it works is once they get a LC allocated they will go down the list calling starting at the top with the specs of what they got allocated. If at that point I want it and Mr. #1 does not then they will take a $500 deposit to hold it. He said they have a pretty long list now.

10 years ago I wanted the Baja Tacoma when they first came out, there were 750 made that year. Looked on line checking inventory across the Country and they were sold out everywhere. After a couple weeks of banging my head against the wall drove to town (Rochester Toyota) and couldn't believe sitting on the showroom floor....

22522804884_0f3b4c7d91_b.jpg

Yes I tried to turn a Taco into my 77 FJ55 Iron Pig with the logo on the grill LOL.

Fingers crossed that lighting will strike twice. Taco only has 90K on it now so just getting broken in. Just spent a week in Northern Ontario and 3 weeks in the tip of the Arrowhead grouse hunting and running 2 tracks and moose trails in it last month. So don't need the LC but I want. Likely keep the Taco as well so I too will not have a trade in either.
That's a sweet Tacoma. I've actually never heard of the Baja. I'm a bit of a sucker for special editions even though, yes, I could just get a TRD Off-Road and kit it out myself but if I'm getting a more-than-just-a-commuter vehicle that will be owned for the long-haul, and sort of a lifestyle vehicle, I think there's value in having the special editions when one's a big fan of the model assuming that the add-ons provide capability that would sufficiently stand-in for early mods/changes I'd be looking to do anyway (mild lift/OEM wheel upgrade).

Congrats on the short waitlist, there's not many of those up here in the cities. :) I'm about 15th at Maplewood - looks like most of the waitlists I heard about were around the same total, ranging f/ 10-25 as of October '23. No problem though, I probably won't be ready to take delivery anything sooner than a year and I would be perfectly fine getting moved to 2025. Maplewood said that moving to '25 likely would happen to me anyway due to the trickle of LCs they plan on seeing. I'm also watching for the '25 4Runner. If the mid-trim Land Cruiser MSRP blows me out of the water, and the 1958 doesn't have a sway-bar disconnect option, I may seriously consider 4Runner (Assuming the '25 4Runner will have similar available equipment as the new '24 Tacoma (Hybrid, Locker, Sway bar disco)). I confirmed w/ Maplewood they could slide me into that waitlist if I end up crossing that bridge. I'm hoping information for both the Land Cruiser and 4Runner clear up by 1st quarter 2024.

That's a sweet Tacoma. I've actually never heard of the Baja. I'm a bit of a sucker for special editions even though, yes, I could just get a TRD Off-Road and kit it out myself but if I'm getting a more-than-just-a-commuter vehicle that will be owned for the long-haul, and sort of a lifestyle vehicle, I think there's value in having the special editions when one's a big fan of the model assuming that the add-ons provide capability that would sufficiently stand-in for early mods/changes I'd be looking to do anyway (mild lift/OEM wheel upgrade).

Congrats on the short waitlist, there's not many of those up here in the cities. :) I'm about 15th at Maplewood - looks like most of the waitlists I heard about were around the same total, ranging f/ 10-25 as of October '23. No problem though, I probably won't be ready to take delivery anything sooner than a year and I would be perfectly fine getting moved to 2025. Maplewood said that moving to '25 likely would happen to me anyway due to the trickle of LCs they plan on seeing. I'm also watching for the '25 4Runner. If the mid-trim Land Cruiser MSRP blows me out of the water, and the 1958 doesn't have a sway-bar disconnect option, I may seriously consider 4Runner (Assuming the '25 4Runner will have similar available equipment as the new '24 Tacoma (Hybrid, Locker, Sway bar disco)). I confirmed w/ Maplewood they could slide me into that waitlist if I end up crossing that bridge. I'm hoping information for both the Land Cruiser and 4Runner clear up by 1st quarter 2024.

I agree with everything you said. This summer after 10 years the Baja suspension finally failed on me (rear, the factory 1.5" lift is still fine) and I ended up getting to know the 4x4 shop near me. Put in medium Old Man Emu springs and Bilstein shocks. Much to my surprise it handles and rides better then it did when new.

Last week my blower fan died with the exception of only working on high. Found a TSB and it is common so ordered the OEM resister for $28 and will put it in this weekend. And clean the Taco up for private sale not sure I need another thing to run the snow blower around in the driveway for the next 5 months. A $28 part was enough to push me over the cliff LOL so when I seen that Roch Toyota had a 22 4Runner TRD Pro at a decent price went and drove it last week. Have some concerns over the new i-Force Max drivetrain although knowing Toyota it will be great, but... I have a friend that just bought a new 4Runner because his was 10 years old and he has the same concern. Turns out the new drivetrain will not be in the 4Runner until mid next year now.

The 4Runner was nice, power wise the same as the Taco of course. I am done with pickups but they are nice in the event the dogs get hit by a skunk, you can throw them in the back. In a SUV the smell can be so bad that it can make you puke when driving down the road, don't ask me how I know :p I could certainly live with the 4Runner and being much newer was nice but it was lacking something even though I couldn't my finger on it. While I was waiting I looked at a 76 FJ55 they had on the showroom floor which was not for sale. I had a 77 FJ55 I bought when I was stationed in Wa. State. Looking at it brought back a lot of memories. Didn't recall it being so primitive though it certainly was. Still have a newspaper add for the Land Cruiser from Abu Dhabi when I was in the Gulf in 91.

45827939441_9bc66a6dcb_c.jpg
[/url]

Even had a fridge in it, we used to call them Sand Cadillac's. Far cry from my FJ55. Over the years they kept getting more and more creature comforts. And expensive. The new 2024 LC is going to be stripped down in comparison. Yeah I couldn't go with the 1958 even though that was the year I was born :oops:

Anyhow the salesman said they had a 2019 GX460 I should test drive. 40K on it was an end of lease, Carfax showed service done in Texas in the winter and Wayzata in the summer so likely an older retired couple owned it. Well it is a Landcruiser 150 after all so what the heck I took it for a spin.

38.jpg

Signed the paperwork last night and pick it up tomorrow. I was blown away in large part by the creature comforts. And the V8. And handling and everything else. Will keep it as is over the winter until know more about the new LC. The salesman verified that I was #2 on the list for a LC and put his name as my salesman. But have a feeling I will be keeping the GX for at least 4-5 years and not trading it in. Once I know for sure I will need to take a P grinder to all that low hanging plastic on the bumpers and doing a side step delete. Not sure about a lift and suspension yet, but good chance it will happen. And aux fuel tank given the gas mileage but it isn't too far off from the Taco.

I grouse hunt with the dogs in Northwest Ontario where what little pavement there is runs out during the end of September. Then the month of October at a cabin on the Gunflint Trail in Cook County driving the side trails getting to hunting spots. I need ground clearance, lots of it and off road capability. Getting older I also like a nicer ride off road than what I once did.

The new Landcruiser and 4Runner were at the top of my list. Never considered the Lexus GX although have read before that buying a used one is a good bargain because they don't have the "Toyota tax" that used Toyota's have. I now understand. I can't even start to wrap my head around the cost of the new GX550 especially the Overtrail starting at $75K. In 4 or 5 years first year models should be reasonable though I may stick with the GX460. Or trade it in on the new LC mid level trim. Or see what the next gen 4R turns out to be. Options are good IMO and we soon will have more options then ever before at least in what I am looking for. Good luck in your search and decision!

My experience calling dealers in Central to SE PA includes the following for TSRP dealers

1. Faulkner - taking names, no deposits until VIN's assigned, supposed TSRP, list was told is about 15-20
2. Bobby Rahal - taking names, no deposits until VIN's assigned, supposed TSRP, 3-5 on list
3. Tri-County toyota - 1k deposit to get on list, supposed TSRP, list 7-10
4. Performance Toyota - 1k to get on list, supposed TSRP, short list

I checked into that, and apparently that is false. That said, I don't think dealer markups are nearly as prevalent here.
I’m understanding what I read to say this is true, that there can’t be ADM added into the advertised cost & the advertised cost must be all-in, excepting tax. Now having said that, there’s nothing to say they can’t itemize various admin fees, $500 for N2 in your tires, etc…

I’m understanding what I read to say this is true, that there can’t be ADM added into the advertised cost & the advertised cost must be all-in, excepting tax. Now having said that, there’s nothing to say they can’t itemize various admin fees, $500 for N2 in your tires, etc…
Exactly. As long as they advertise the vehicle at a specific price, then all's fair. But they cannot add that to the price if it's not advertised that way.

Reactions: MJE
I spoke with all 3 dealers in the Raleigh, NC area. All three wanted $1000 refundable deposits.

Leith Toyota Raleigh - They never sell above MSRP

Hendrick Toyota Apex - no markup but all LC will have window tint and LoJack for $2k 😒

Fred Anderson Toyota Raleigh - said should be at MSRP except if they get any First Edition models which might get marked up

I went ahead and put my deposit at Leith. Depending on final pricing will be either a Land Cruiser trim in Heritage Blue or a 1958 in White.

I spoke with all 3 dealers in the Raleigh, NC area. All three wanted $1000 refundable deposits.

Leith Toyota Raleigh - They never sell above MSRP

Hendrick Toyota Apex - no markup but all LC will have window tint and LoJack for $2k 😒

Fred Anderson Toyota Raleigh - said should be at MSRP except if they get any First Edition models which might get marked up

I went ahead and put my deposit at Leith. Depending on final pricing will be either a Land Cruiser trim in Heritage Blue or a 1958 in White.
Good move, Fred Anderson shows its true color when there's a chance to take advantage, I'd never set foot in there.
Mine deposit was made with a dealership that NEVER marks up anything, such as the ultra rare Morizo GR Corolla.

Do you have to be a NC resident to be able to purchase from them. A Montana dealership also charge only MSRP but not accepting deposits from outbid state residents.

Back