Counting the days. First Edition on the ship.

That sucks. I hope they are able to pull it off for you.
If the sales rep wants to get paid he got to do his job. I want an FE but if I am not going to get to drive it until July I can save $10k to $15k and get an LC trim when I get home. Obviously, I would pick a different dealer in that case.

My rep has a new phone...... Got a call and was told it should be Wednesday. So far NONE have ben released from Benicia and he said a handful from Long Beach (one shown on another thread) so far there were released after 17 days. Wednesday is 17 days here. The Toyota rep coordinating this is out of the office today but is supposed to expedite mine tomorrow (or so I was told) so I will get mine Wednesday. They know they have until Friday.

It almost seems that with the press embargo lifting tomorrow, they fully planned and intended not to have a large release of vehicles until after Tuesday's barrage of reviews and hype hit the internets. ;) Let the u-tubers and bloggers tell us what to think then send them out to dealers...

I was thinking the same thing. The timing seems to back it up.

Mine is now processing and will be on the next vehicle truck coming from the port. Might be later today and no later than Friday.
They definitely were stalling for the review embargo (today)

My FE LC is just arrived at the port on Indiana Highway. My dealership is about an hour from the port. I'm getting this thing in black after a bit of a go around with my family about color choices.

For the record, I'm not paying over MSRP, but the dealership is putting some ceramic protection nonsense on the vehicle. The initially wanted me to buy the extended warranty and the pre-paid maintenance but I pushed back hard on that.

Any idea how to find out what ship left Japan on 4/20. Salesman said it is expected at port on 5/07.
Port of Toyohashi (Japan) - Arrivals, Departures, Expected vessels - VesselFinder

This is the website that has all the vessels expected, arriving and departing from Toyohashi. They limit the number of vessels you can see for any given category. I didn't see the vessels departing Toyohashi on the 20th. You can get more insight if you subscribe to the site, but that's not really worth it, but if you do you will be able to see exactly where the ship is at any given moment.

Last edited:
Back