Confirmed my Allocation today

SW12

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Apr 8, 2024
Denver
Vehicles
2020 Rav4 Hybrid
Hey all - first post! Figured I'd join, as I accepted my allocation today! It came a lot sooner than I expected, so I had to take a hard look on if it's the right time financially, but told my sales guy I'll take it. He said it's looking like about 2 months until it's here.

I'd asked for (in preference order) Underground, Meteor Shower, or Black; Land Cruiser trim; premium package. I got Black Land Cruiser trim (with Java interior!!!), not Premium package but does have the moon roof add on. The Moon Roof and upgraded audio system were the big things for me in the premium package, a bit bummed about the audio. When he told me it was black, I felt immediately disappointed. I really wanted the Underground, and it only hit me how much when he said it was black. I took the weekend to think it over to decide if I wanted to go back on the list and wait for something else, but the other specs on it were so close to what I wanted, especially the interior color, that I didn't want to risk it. I'm coming around to the black already. I wish it was metallic though...I think one of the first things I'm going to do is a ceramic coat. I was parked next to a black 4Runner yesterday and all of the scratches were so obvious with the flat black paint.

Anyways, I'm excited. I've always wanted a classic Land Cruiser, but it's just not a fit for my life. I'm not very mechanically inclined, so it'll be a nice balance to have some more retro styling with modern technology. I'm currently driving a 2020 Rav4 Hybrid that my husband will take as his daily, and we'll be trading in his car when the Cruiser comes in.

Welcome to the forum SW12! I think I speak for everyone in regard to Toyota's arrogance, i.e. one cannot order a vehicle with colors/specs. Unfortunately, no alternative exists, given Toyota's quality. If they ever lose the edge in this regard, it will be history for the brand. Personally, holding tight for the 2025 4Runner announcement tomorrow night. We need power running boards, not presently offered on the LC. The wife says we can get a GX550 Luxury+. Wow!

Welcome aboard. I am waiting on the 4 Runner tomorrow as well as @Nuke. Could be going that route if I likes what I see.

Hey all - first post! Figured I'd join, as I accepted my allocation today! It came a lot sooner than I expected, so I had to take a hard look on if it's the right time financially, but told my sales guy I'll take it. He said it's looking like about 2 months until it's here.

I'd asked for (in preference order) Underground, Meteor Shower, or Black; Land Cruiser trim; premium package. I got Black Land Cruiser trim (with Java interior!!!), not Premium package but does have the moon roof add on. The Moon Roof and upgraded audio system were the big things for me in the premium package, a bit bummed about the audio. When he told me it was black, I felt immediately disappointed. I really wanted the Underground, and it only hit me how much when he said it was black. I took the weekend to think it over to decide if I wanted to go back on the list and wait for something else, but the other specs on it were so close to what I wanted, especially the interior color, that I didn't want to risk it. I'm coming around to the black already. I wish it was metallic though...I think one of the first things I'm going to do is a ceramic coat. I was parked next to a black 4Runner yesterday and all of the scratches were so obvious with the flat black paint.

Anyways, I'm excited. I've always wanted a classic Land Cruiser, but it's just not a fit for my life. I'm not very mechanically inclined, so it'll be a nice balance to have some more retro styling with modern technology. I'm currently driving a 2020 Rav4 Hybrid that my husband will take as his daily, and we'll be trading in his car when the Cruiser comes in.
congratulations! i also have an ETA of about 2 months for mine (around Memorial Day give or take a week or two). Lets cross our fingers that Toyota's reliable reputation continues with this 4 banger turbo!

Congrats .. itโ€™s a big deal when you can secure one- I put a deposit down and got on a list in August .. itโ€™s been a grueling wait. Not even an allocation .. ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ

Congrats .. itโ€™s a big deal when you can secure one- I put a deposit down and got on a list in August .. itโ€™s been a grueling wait. Not even an allocation .. ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ
I'm honestly shocked at how quick this was. My dealership doesn't require a deposit. I got on the list back when it was first announced, and updated my specific preferences with my sales guy on 3/9. Then he called me on Friday and I was kind of speechless.

It probably helps a lot that I'm in Colorado, which I am sure got more allocations than other places. Every other car here is a 4Runner...:ROFLMAO:

Welcome to the forum SW12! I think I speak for everyone in regard to Toyota's arrogance, i.e. one cannot order a vehicle with colors/specs. Unfortunately, no alternative exists, given Toyota's quality. If they ever lose the edge in this regard, it will be history for the brand. Personally, holding tight for the 2025 4Runner announcement tomorrow night. We need power running boards, not presently offered on the LC. The wife says we can get a GX550 Luxury+. Wow!

I'm honestly shocked at how quick this was. My dealership doesn't require a deposit. I got on the list back when it was first announced, and updated my specific preferences with my sales guy on 3/9. Then he called me on Friday and I was kind of speechless.

It probably helps a lot that I'm in Colorado, which I am sure got more allocations than other places. Every other car here is a 4Runner...:ROFLMAO:
Yes .. Iโ€™m wishing I would have used my daughter in CO for a waitlist !! I also would prob have had luck getting some news. Oh well, glad u have something to celebrate ๐Ÿ™Œ

Yes .. Iโ€™m wishing I would have used my daughter in CO for a waitlist !! I also would prob have had luck getting some news. Oh well, glad u have something to celebrate ๐Ÿ™Œ
Fingers crossed you hear something in the not too distant future!

Welcome! Thanks for posting and congrats!

First time for me placing a deposit and only interested in regular Land Cruiser in white. Wasn't sure on how it works with the dealer when they start coming in and it's not exactly what you specified etc.

How much markups is the dealer charging?

Its torture. Its 28 miles away but Toyota keeps saying Waiting For Processing.
I seen a black FE pop up on Hanleeโ€™s inventory when looking at Toyota.com (was looking in hopes mine would pop up) not sure if itโ€™s yours though. Iโ€™m waiting on processing as well.

Attachments

• IMG_5609.png
    IMG_5609.png
    803.2 KB · Views: 29
Welcome! Thanks for posting and congrats!

First time for me placing a deposit and only interested in regular Land Cruiser in white. Wasn't sure on how it works with the dealer when they start coming in and it's not exactly what you specified etc.
I was told by my dealer (you should confirm with yours Iโ€™m sure they are all different) that if one came in and I was next on the list and it wasnโ€™t what I wanted, they called the next person in line till they found a taker and then that process starts all over with the next allocation.

How much markups is the dealer charging?
There was none on the spec sheet that they sent. They aren't requiring any deposit or signed contract prior to delivery, so I suppose they could always try to spring one at the end. I'd walk at that point. I've purchased from this dealer before though and they have a good reputation so I'm hopeful we don't see any shenanigans.

I'm not gonna lie, make sure you're ok with Black. I had a couple dealers with Black & and Meteor Shower available, I wouldn't accept anything but Heritage Blue given the price we're paying.

I'm not gonna lie, make sure you're ok with Black. I had a couple dealers with Black & and Meteor Shower available, I wouldn't accept anything but Heritage Blue given the price we're paying.
Iโ€™ve definitely come around to the black. Seeing some photos/videos of it has helped. Also I think finding a way to black out the gray skid plates will improve it for me.

There was a spreadsheet of allocations .. I think last updated in March- is that still something that can be updated and posted again ? Thank you to the member that originally did that !

Back