2025 4Runner tease

There's something for everyone. Styling, and such. To help answer what's the difference? Every LC is a hybrid, not the case for the 4runner. And some trims have only hybrid options.

Have fun and ride! :)

1712781994761.png

anyone hear anything about fuel requirements on the i-Force Max 4R models?

It is very interesting. They launch three different models with the new 2.4T iForce Max hybrid system, in few weeks time people will get the cars.... but nobody tested yet this powertrain !

I think the 4R will be regular gas too but guess maybe a different tube for the LC?

same engine/same HP & Torque numbers right?

I think the 4R will be regular gas too but guess maybe a different tube for the LC?

same engine/same HP & Torque numbers right?
Both models had the same chief engineer. would be nice to interview that guy and ask some technical questions about differences between LC and 4R. Here’s hope that one of these YouTube auto journalists will execute on this. It be nice to not have to sift through hours of video going through the same info we already know. I’m hopeful…as there some good ones… guess that’s what this forum helps with. April 16 can’t come soon enough!

I'm on my 3rd 5th gen 4Runner. Overall, I like what they've done with the 6th gen. The drivetrain is a big step up from when I test drove the 4th gen Tacoma. I expect the hybrid will be really good. The exterior looks good and it has nice colors on offer. My issues are largely with the interior; I prefer the simple Land Cruiser interior a bit more. Plus, I'm drawn to the cloth seats in the 1958. The rear seats and cargo area are the same for me and the biggest step back from the 5th gen. I've camped in mine a number of times and the flat cargo floor is super nice. It ultimately depends if there is 5'8" from the tailgate to the tumbled seat. I'm not very hopeful.

I’m hoping one of those inflatable car camping air mattress companies makes something specific to LC and 4R to level out that difference in floor height.

Towards the end of the video, Thomas says that he would choose the Land Cruiser after driving all the new Toyota models except the 4Runner (although he expects it to be very similar to the new Tacoma).

Last edited:
One thing no one has brought up is the front seating position. I own or have owned the 3rd, 4th and 5th gen 4R. My wife was excited about the 6th gen. Since they are going to be very similar to the Tacoma we checked out the interior, multiple times at a couple of dealers.

The visibility from the driver's seat is a downgrade from the current and previous 4Rs. She could not adjust the seat high enough, she's 5' 2 1/4" and when I adjusted it I couldn't see the hood, just the dashboard top. We went right over to a 5th gen are it is truly worlds apart. You really feel low and the 'A' pillar really swoops back. Here is a picture of Dan Edmunds sitting in the 2025 4R.

2025 4RUNNER VIEW DAN EDMUNDS.JPG

One thing no one has brought up is the front seating position. I own or have owned the 3rd, 4th and 5th gen 4R. My wife was excited about the 6th gen. Since they are going to be very similar to the Tacoma we checked out the interior, multiple times at a couple of dealers.

The visibility from the driver's seat is a downgrade from the current and previous 4Rs. She could not adjust the seat high enough, she's 5' 2 1/4" and when I adjusted it I couldn't see the hood, just the dashboard top. We went right over to a 5th gen are it is truly worlds apart. You really feel low and the 'A' pillar really swoops back. Here is a picture of Dan Edmunds sitting in the 2025 4R.

View attachment 1518
Would the 2025 4Runner be any better for taller drivers?

View attachment 1518
I’m glad you gave her the 1/4 she deserves.. 😂 I am the same I feel the challenge.

That's interesting about the seating position, and I'm sure would be a concern for my wife as well. Thanks for mentioning it. We'll have to go check out the new Tacoma.

View attachment 1518
I didn't notice anything difficult about the Tacoma driving position compared to my 5th gen 4Runner. I have to keep my 4Runner seat in the lowest position for height unless I want to be looking directly down onto the hood scoop. I'm only 5'8".

The new Tacoma is far better than the 3rd gen. Based on the videos there are a lot of 6' plus and 200 ++ pound people that fit. My problem is the overall visibility. I just sit lower than the last 3 gens of the 4R. I keep my seat adjusted to the lowest and farthest back position and have great front and side views. In the 4th gen Tacoma all I see is the dashboard and high side doors. Some may not notice it but it really stands out for me. You can see it in the profile.

I'm really happy that I'm buying the Land Cruiser because it affords the same or slightly better seating position and visibility than the 5th gen 4R.

2025 4RUNNER V 24 1.JPG

Back