2024+ LC Production Updates (USA/Canada)

I am pleased to report that after a failed attempt to buy the heritage blue First Edition, I managed to secure one in Trail Dust today.

I put down $3,000 as a good faith deposit and I had to agree to buy the extended warranty.

I purchased it at Crown Toyota in Ontario, California. The system says it’s due to arrive between April 15th and the 30th. So

I spoke to my salesman a few times over the last few months. When it was released to them this morning he called me.

Very excited.
Curious why you can't get heritage blue, they should be just as abundant as trail dust

Curious why you can't get heritage blue, they should be just as abundant as trail dust
The First Edition trim is limited to only 5,000 units in North America. Toyota made allocations sparingly, and not very dealer got one allocated. When the builder opened, I found one available for purchase on the Smart Path program at a dealership nearby. I went through the process only to get a call a few hours later that the dealership wasn't selling it to me.

The one I purchased was at a different dealership I had visited a few times. They only had this one vehicle available. I'm really a sucker for limited/first/special editions, so I couldn't resist.

The First Edition trim is limited to only 5,000 units in North America. Toyota made allocations sparingly, and not very dealer got one allocated. When the builder opened, I found one available for purchase on the Smart Path program at a dealership nearby. I went through the process only to get a call a few hours later that the dealership wasn't selling it to me.

The one I purchased was at a different dealership I had visited a few times. They only had this one vehicle available. I'm really a sucker for limited/first/special editions, so I couldn't resist.
yeah, a small volume dealer might not get all the color available. I think I should be fine I told my dealership that I want ONLY trail dust and don't even contact me for other colors, hopefully that doesn't delay too long

Toyota has many models and many powertrains available on those cars. Most of them are attractive, many are very efficient, almost all very durable cars.
The problem is that 1/2 of these models are almost impossible to get from Toyota.
The dealerships get 1 or 2 pcs every few months .... there is a demand ... so here we are with the 10k markup.
It is real, they get one car and some people are willing to pay (much) more. Reality beats fiction !

Congrats in advance! I’m curious as to your plans for the new LC:

Are you going to treat it like an ordinary vehicle and drive it until it wears out, or you trade it for something new in a few years?

Or

Are you going to tuck it away in a climate-controlled garage and in 30 years your kids will put it on Bring A Trailer and get $300k for it (adjusted for inflation)?

Are you going to tuck it away in a climate-controlled garage and in 30 years your kids will put it on Bring A Trailer and get $300k for it (adjusted for inflation)?
You are very close to those 30 years :cool: . What about the adjusted price ?

Congrats in advance! I’m curious as to your plans for the new LC:

Are you going to treat it like an ordinary vehicle and drive it until it wears out, or you trade it for something new in a few years?

Or

I purchased this vehicle to drive the hell out of it. I invest in real estate and the market, but I wear my watches, drive my cars, write with my pens and walk on my rugs. The memories are worth more than the inflation adjusted return.

I purchased this vehicle to drive the hell out of it. I invest in real estate and the market, but I wear my watches, drive my cars, write with my pens and walk on my rugs. The memories are worth more than the inflation adjusted return.
Where you bought at your dealership, do you know if they have some sort of 'internal' allotment? bc it seems like toyota.com SmartPath has not updated in a week or so

Where you bought at your dealership, do you know if they have some sort of 'internal' allotment? bc it seems like toyota.com SmartPath has not updated in a week or so.
Dealers see the allocation way before the general public does on Smart Path. I saw it on his dealer screen when I went to sign the deal. There was a small indicator that said allocated in the right hand corner, but I didn't see it simultaneously on Toyota.com.

I saw a few on Toyota.com on the first day the builder went live and tried to purchase one that was showing up locally (it's still showing up on my Toyota.com shopping cart), only to have the dealer tell me they were going to keep the car in the showroom and show it to prospective buyers.

Dealers see the allocation way before the general public does on Smart Path. I saw it on his dealer screen when I went to sign the deal. There was a small indicator that said allocated in the right hand corner, but I didn't see it simultaneously on Toyota.com.

I saw a few on Toyota.com on the first day the builder went live and tried to purchase one that was showing up locally (it's still showing up on my Toyota.com shopping cart), only to have the dealer tell me they were going to keep the car in the showroom and show it to prospective buyers.
thanks for the info and cant wait to see yours!

Agreed. But there will be that one guy who tucks their First Edition away, hoping to preserve it for the future. Good to know you’re not that guy.

I talked to a dealer today who has been allocated one First Edition (already committed to another customer) $77,449. $350 of factory installed options, $750 of port installed options, nothing added from the dealer, no dealer mark up. Just wanted to share because there are going to be a lot of dealers selling at MSRP and even some selling without gouging people on dealer options, so stay strong when you see these way way over MSRP at bad dealers.

I talked to a dealer today who has been allocated one First Edition (already committed to another customer) $77,449. $350 of factory installed options, $750 of port installed options, nothing added from the dealer, no dealer mark up. Just wanted to share because there are going to be a lot of dealers selling at MSRP and even some selling without gouging people on dealer options, so stay strong when you see these way way over MSRP at bad dealers.
Thanks for sharing! Not sure where this is, but with tax and other fees that's an $85k+ LC in most US states. I'm really starting to lose motivation as pricing and financing realities creep higher. I'm probably closer to waiting a year than I have been since the Aug announcement.

Thanks for sharing! Not sure where this is, but with tax and other fees that's an $85k+ LC in most US states. I'm really starting to lose motivation as pricing and financing realities creep higher. I'm probably closer to waiting a year than I have been since the Aug announcement.
Sorry, that's the out the door including all the fees, but not tax.

I mean yeah, maybe a couple hundred folks have the expendable income to pay markups for the First Edition, but the rest of us (and just those who are smart w/ money) are already having a hard time justifying a 75K truck w/ an 8.6% interest rate...

I mean yeah, maybe a couple hundred folks have the expendable income to pay markups for the First Edition, but the rest of us (and just those who are smart w/ money) are already having a hard time justifying a 75K truck w/ an 8.6% interest rate...
at $75k, the market is quite small to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if I see some dealership in Iowa discount the first edition a few hundred to $1k off MSRP just to move it. There are already 4Runner TRD Pros being discounted from MSRP from "middle of nowhere" dealerships.

at $75k, the market is quite small to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if I see some dealership in Iowa discount the first edition a few hundred to $1k off MSRP just to move it. There are already 4Runner TRD Pros being discounted from MSRP from "middle of nowhere" dealerships.
A (probably naive) part of me is hoping for this. I live in New Hampshire, not a big market for luxury prices. We have literally one Lexus dealership in the state (where I'd also be visiting if I liked the GX550 overtrail enough; I do not). Because I don't care much about having a FE, patience is likely my biggest ally here.

A (probably naive) part of me is hoping for this. I live in New Hampshire, not a big market for luxury prices. We have literally one Lexus dealership in the state (where I'd also be visiting if I liked the GX550 overtrail enough; I do not). Because I don't care much about having a FE, patience is likely my biggest ally here.
I used to live in Boston, and out of curiosity I was looking to see what a local dealership I did business with a while back would charge. The markups are insane. I'm seeing a lot of First Editions with "Sale Pending" in the Boston metro with 92K Smart Path pricing. I'm ok paying for an extended warranty and even gap insurance, but the dealer adjusted markups would have driven me from the deal table.

Back